Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
bachelor of wasting 3 years of ur life

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Oh, that's an intelligent way to pick your course: based on stress levels. It's right up there with picking your degree based on the shape of the building you'll study in ...

Different people react differently to stress, but like fear, stress can be controlled. You should do what you want to do because you want to do it, not because you want an easy ride through life. As legendary racing driver Ayrton Senna said (and I paraphrase here), "You think you have a limit, and you see this limit. And you touch this limit and suddenly you find you go just a little bit further. With you courage and determination, you can fly very high."

University is going to determine what you do with the rest of your life, and the rest of your life is not guaranteed to be stress-free. Besides, Arts is very diverse, so one course might be stress-free and the other might send you into overdrive. Choose wisely, and you'll find out just how far the rabbit hole goes.

69gulrez69

HSC
hehe...yea..thanks for the sermon, i guess...

I just want information on what are the easier courses are in university, its not the determing factor.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
I dont know of any breasy courses, but if thats what you want then why not go to TAFE

Stott Despoja

HSC
N/A
To be quite blunt, there's no such thing as an outright easy degree. What one may think is easy may be beyond the capabilities of another. That said, there are degrees that are more demanding than others (be it terms of academic expectations, required/assumed knowledge, amount of time require in class, amount of time required for essential individual study, etc.), but provided that the student doesn't reach beyond what they are capable of achieving, such degrees are hardly something to be worried about.

Though I would like to say more, all that I can really suggest is that you take note of your strengths and your interests and then go from there.

Last edited:
HSC
I, as someone who's more interested in history/politics and things of that nature, would probably say physiotherapy is easy/low-stress, but if I actually took that course expecting an easier ride, I would find my self completely out of my depth, having not studied anything related to that course since PE was compulsory in high school, and I would become more stressed as I try to do just enough to not get kicked out of the course.

Point is - the difficulty of the course should not even be on a list of deciding factors when choosing a course, it's all about personal interest.

HSC
it all depends on your interests and strengths. if its something youre interested in and good at it wont be nearly as stressful as it would be if you picked an "easier" course that you have no interest at all.

for example ppl are saying arts is the most low stress but for me i couldnt do it. the copious amounts of essays and presos to prepare for all the time would mean id struggle, not to mention my interest in humanities is less than zero.

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
As other have said dont base it on stress...also to add arts isnt completely stress free when u ahve essays due at last minute it can get stressful lol...but do what u want and u will manage

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
69gulrez69 said:
hehe...yea..thanks for the sermon, i guess...
Ask as ye shall receive.
69gulrez69 said:
I just want information on what are the easier courses are in university, its not the determing factor.
"Easy" is subjective. You might find theortical physics easy, but be terrible at music. Or vice versa. Do what you want to do because it's what you want to do with the rest of your life, not because you want it easy through uni.

rozymisty

HSC
If you want a low stress course, just dont go to uni! Every course is stressful, it just depends on what you classify as low stress...

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
69gulrez69 said:
Could anyone suggest any low(er) stress courses
well with that thinking i wouldnt go to uni. Like others said every course at uni will be difficult and i know, i ask my friends which do different courses and they say it is hard, so no matter what uni course u do its gonna be stressful..

HSC
building construction management, im 2nd year and its pretty good. low hours and very easy going. like all courses its hard at times. but whomever studies it generally enjoys it. i love it

rozymisty

HSC
geez your a strange person. Life is a course in its self. Are you one of those dole bludgers who thinks that life is easy and low stress? Your very strange to think there is a low stress course.!!! THERE IS NO LOW STRESS in life!! Everything you do is stressful!

Stress is not always bad! Its good for you as well.
My advice to you is just dont go to uni, you are wasting your time and the governments money, wasting their money educating you wehen you just picked a course since you thought it was a bludge!

ioniser

HSC
any course that requires reading and writing reports and essays are low stress such as management majors,arts,marketing etc. Alot of these courses require lots of homework to be done during semester and are easy to pick up marks. These courses mainly consist of researching and reproducing factual information onto paper.(I ve completed subjects in other faculties and have a good feel for the stress load across them)

On the other hand I consider the science based majors such as programming,engineering and science to be a lot harder , this being that you have to learn and be able to apply to solve problems.

in comparison it might only take you 60 minutes to read 3 pieces of articles and write up an essay on it .Where as on the other hand you could probably only solve 2 problems in engineering in a time frame of 60 minutes(excluding the time taken to learn how to solve problems ).In general what im saying is that it takes more time to complete work in a science based degree compared with a degree written.

Also science based degree students do double the hours other faculties do(typical science based degree=25-30 hours , (business,law,arts)=10-13 hours a week)

rozymisty

HSC
what is stressful for one person isnt stressful maybe for the other!!!!

some people thrive on science and wont find it stressful. Others find researching articles stressful.

IT ALL DEPENDSON THE INDIVIDUAL

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
Choose a course based on your interests and passion, not on stupid bs like stress and what others are doing, or worst of all "it sounds good"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)