lowering car (1 Viewer)

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
Man wtf i wouldn't ever come here for car advice.
Bowman is the only one on the right track.
Cutting your springs is an ok temporary fix. They won't "flatten out" like marquis had suggested, springs don't flatten out that makes no sense.

You can cut out a coil or two which will drop it about 2 inches. You have to remember though if you put lower springs in you will need to replace your shocks after about 6 months because they will be cactus.

As for buying kingsprings, go to supercheap auto, there roughly 129 dollars for a pair of king lows. So your looking at about 270 for 4 springs to order them in.

My suggestion, cut them...try and fit 19"s. Those are big wheels man. Your definately going to need to roll your guards if they arn't already. Or if you buy king lows and fit the 19's and you want it lower, just cut out a coil or two from the lows.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
just bag the fucker.
flicking switches gets the bitches.

go past a car full of chicks with rims n lowerd...wont take notice.

however flick some switches an bounce past them, they will chase after us.
dead set they love watchin the cars go from normal ride height, to chassis layin out an throwing sparks.

yeah dont worry dude i've never listened to much of whats said on this site. u can usually pick the smarter people out

Team 1A

HSC
bowman said:
just bag the fucker.
flicking switches gets the bitches.

go past a car full of chicks with rims n lowerd...wont take notice.

however flick some switches an bounce past them, they will chase after us.
dead set they love watchin the cars go from normal ride height, to chassis layin out an throwing sparks.

yeah dont worry dude i've never listened to much of whats said on this site. u can usually pick the smarter people out

Hahahahah yea what ever you reakon mate

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
how old are u dude? 17? have u even got a licence?

Team 1A

HSC
bowman said:
how old are u dude? 17? have u even got a licence?
Yes and Yes,
And there are to many tools like you driving around in their gay wanna be cars. yea man lower ur car heaps, it will make you look cool. fuker

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Couple of things stand out:

Lowering a car:
*Shorter springs does it but if you cut the springs or put in lower ones then you will most likely be going shorter than the stroke of the shocks. The shocks basically control the rebound of the spring so when you go shorter than the spring the rebound is uncontrolled eg the car bounces. So if you get shorter cars then you should get shocks with a shorter stroke to.
*Once the car is lowered it changes the suspension geometry, typcically more caster a good thing, more negative camber (good but on a daily driver may wear outside edge of tyres more). More importantly though the changed angle of the tie-rods will most likely introdce bump-steer eg hit a pot-hole and the wheels turn by themselves that is BAD.
*As far as the cost you can get custom lowering springs for about $135-$150 a pair try jumboz, whiteline, kings, pedders.

Moving on to the wheels:
*19" is most likely going to be an illegal size, you will need it engineered - otherwise expect a defect.
*19" is going to be tough to fit under the guards and may require rolling the fenders this will get expensive as they will need to be re-sprayed afterwards.
*Also important to consider is offset and width as the wrong combination and you will start fouling the tubs and or suspension components. The correct it you'd need spacers which are illegal in nsw.
*As mentioned 19"s will give a harsher ride and have a more expensive tyre.
*The extra unsprung weight will slow suspension response.
*he extra rotational mass will slow the car in accelerration and braking.

Finally 19"s is for soft-cocks gangsta's roll on 24"

*BIRDIE*

RAWR!!!
HSC
hey Pace T, word of caution just incase you HAVENT lowered ur car! my car is a 95 lancer (coupe, i love it) but its pretty low to the ground, its actually kinda hard to get out of on a hill, so if your gonna get it done make sure that your not gonna look like a complete dork when your trying to get out of it.

you kno what i want for my car.. spinners but aparently there illegal, cool looking but illegal..

y are the best things in this world illegal? WHY???

Team 1A

HSC
I have had a quick google search and cant find nothing that says they Illegal. Then again its google, still likely to be wrong.

CieL

HSC
*BIRDIE* said:
hey Pace T, word of caution just incase you HAVENT lowered ur car! my car is a 95 lancer (coupe, i love it) but its pretty low to the ground, its actually kinda hard to get out of on a hill, so if your gonna get it done make sure that your not gonna look like a complete dork when your trying to get out of it.

you kno what i want for my car.. spinners but aparently there illegal, cool looking but illegal..

y are the best things in this world illegal? WHY???
Mm.. what do you mean, it's hard to get out of.. when it's on a hill?
As in, opening the door or something?
Getting out of the car? Leverage?
*cant imagine why height and hill makes a problem*
Maybe it's your own height that's a problem?

How are spinners cool......... they're so hideous........

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
Team 1A said:
Yes and Yes,
And there are to many tools like you driving around in their gay wanna be cars. yea man lower ur car heaps, it will make you look cool. fuker
come back when u grow some hair on ur balls

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Yes I do.

If you are just rolling the lip you can usually get away without re-spraying.

However if you actually have to roll the guard to any really large ammount then there are two ways; brute force and you end up cracking the paint needing a respray. Or with slightly less brute force you can heat the guard and roll it, this burns the paint and you need a respray.

And the other option is flares which means cutting the guard and welding on a flare which means spraying the guard. Or finally cutting the guard and bolting on a fibreglass flare which means that the flare needs to be colour-matched.

Its basically a case of if its just a small rub you might get away without a spray but if you are going particularly wide with the tyres more drastic measures are needed and they cost more.

jesschristian

HSC
if u chop the springs u will have 2 completely redo ur suspension, n gettin the bigger rims, it will depend on the whole style if the rim if it will be worth it. u dont wonna wack 19's on there if the car is gonna end up lookin shit. ur best bet would be 2 go to a professional modifier n ask 4 there opinions before u do anythin rash cause it might end up costin u more than u thought. plus if u get a pro 2 do it if anythin goes wrong them its on thier head not urs.

nonsense

HSC
i love the amount of people on here who dont know shit but throw there opinion in lol. no seriously... i do. anyways plain and simple dont cut springs, just end up with a really bumpy ride and its unsafe as the springs can pop out. get lower springs, depending on wat car u got will be easy to find and relitively cheap, if u can put the rear springs in yourself and save about $100 labour, front get someone to put em in, will cost more than rear to do but u dont want to attempt it urself as its too much hassle. to get my old VT commodore lowered on pedders super lows it cost me $230 for rear springs installed, and $430 for front as i also needed to get the bushes replaced. as for rims, it depends on wat type of car u got. 19s will also cost more for rubber, and seeing as tho u got 17s on it, depending on ur profile, it will also put out ur speedo due to the longer track of the 19s and that will need to be calibrated. PS i didnt read the whole thread so if this was already said im sorry lol. peace

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)