Luxury Car Tax rejected! (1 Viewer)

Sammy-Blue

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Farmers are exempt.

"is a commercial vehicle not designed for the principal purpose of carrying passengers."

And anyone who has 7 children is a douchebag, and is overpopulating our beloved country at the same time as polluting it!!!!!
You sir, are an idiot.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
fully sik audi mang

people wif cancer: dey deserve money lez than my fully sik auto-mo-beel does bro

Last edited:

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
lol get fucked, do you honestly want to argue that the proceeds of this tax goes to cancer research? Because that's exactly what you're saying you ranga.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Enteebee said:
It's a bullshit name anyway... It's not a 'luxury car tax' it's a 'car over $50,000 tax'.
Regardless of whether you'd consider the cars themselves luxury cars, buying a new car at any price, let alone over $50'000 is a luxury purchase.

Only commercial users really need to buy new (and should be exempt). I don't necessarily support the tax, but it's not something I'd get worked up about, just buy used, depreciation will smash any tax increase in no time. It's not going to seriously impact on families needing people carriers.

I think there are worse taxes on the car industry currently, particularly the fucking dreadfull import tariffs, which stop this country getting flooded with cheap used japanese cars.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Azamakumar said:
lol get fucked, do you honestly want to argue that the proceeds of this tax goes to cancer research? Because that's exactly what you're saying you ranga.
Hmm, I was more alluding to hospitals in general lol. But indeed, cancer research is possible too! Collected tax dollars don't get burnt for the lulz, rich comrades! They usually...you know...go places! :rofl:

EDIT: And the threshold is at $57,000 or so. In fact, it's a fairly exact threshold, so my guess is that it wasn't haphazardly generated, rather, the threshold was devleloped with extensive statistic collecting and what not.

Last edited:

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
suck shit. Most people buy luxury cars because they are expensive anyway.
Raising the price will simply increase the perception of prestige and exclusivity associated with the luxury brands, thus increasing their desireability and benefitting current and future owners through decreased depreciation.

Possibly.

F2001

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
I don't care. I have no sympathy. It's an expensive and frivolous item.

Anyway the aristocrat Mercedes drivers could simply consider the tax as adding to the prestige of owning such a hideously expensive car. :D

EDIT: Not only emissions but weening off high oil consumption too, comrade.
you think people buy mbs, bmws and other euros because they can say its expensive? What you pay for in USA for an M3 is equivalent to a 320i or 323i.

Graney said:
Regardless of whether you'd consider the cars themselves luxury cars, buying a new car at any price, let alone over $50'000 is a luxury purchase.

Only commercial users really need to buy new (and should be exempt). I don't necessarily support the tax, but it's not something I'd get worked up about, just buy used, depreciation will smash any tax increase in no time. It's not going to seriously impact on families needing people carriers.

I think there are worse taxes on the car industry currently, particularly the fucking dreadfull import tariffs, which stop this country getting flooded with cheap used japanese cars.
What did 50k get you a decade ago and what does it get you now? It gets you jack all, base model peice of shit european car with 0 options... ie RUBBISH. Why anyone buys is beyond me, most likely posers.

Depreciation? Thats another problem with this country, movement and product growth is so slow and half assed that there is jack all depreciation too.
The only cars that depreciate like a motherfucker are Fords & Holdens, esp domestically built.

Nebuchanezzar said:
Hmm, I was more alluding to hospitals in general lol. But indeed, cancer research is possible too! Collected tax dollars don't get burnt for the lulz, rich comrades! They usually...you know...go places! :rofl:

EDIT: And the threshold is at $57,000 or so. In fact, it's a fairly exact threshold, so my guess is that it wasn't haphazardly generated, rather, the threshold was devleloped with extensive statistic collecting and what not.
Yea, so tell us about the Porsche comment. 120K + new, fucking idiot.

BackCountrySnow said:
suck shit. Most people buy luxury cars because they are expensive anyway.
Yes and No.
1) if you are an executive and show up in a hatchback suzuki.... what the fuck please.
2) Since this is anything over 57K, I hate the name LUXURY car tax. What about sports cars? Faggot, some people like fast cars.

Because they are expensive, dumbest thing ever head. So why do people buy BMW/other Euros over Chevrolet and Ford in USA?

Australian culture, backwards as fuck.
If you saw a guy in a Lamborghini you'd say "what a wanker, i bet he doesn't pay his employees anything"

Farfour

Banned
HSC
N/A
This makes my lotus elise cost even more, thanks left scum.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
F2001 said:
57k doesnt get u jack these days anyway.

They are hurting their beloved Holden & Ford or whatever local produced cars over 57k too.
So why not just raise import duties and tarriffs??

Swan's comment was funny, he claimed the libs essentially granted a tax cut for the rich (LC purchasers).

33% knocked back, the next step is less. The Car market must be freed up. Look at America.

BMW E92 M3, MB C63 AMG, Audi RS4 are all around 57-65K USD. We are paying more than double close to triple that for the same stuff basically.
ANd then look at the Ford and Chev domestics and their growth, they were FORCED to better their cars. Still not doing great financially but their cars are so much better and improved than ages ago.

Australia, backwards again.
Ferrari F430 is 160K US. They are $400,000 here. What the fuck. I'll have to work in Western Australia for like 5-6 years.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
f2001 said:
you think people buy mbs, bmws and other euros because they can say its expensive? What you pay for in USA for an M3 is equivalent to a 320i or 323i.
I don't know nor care what any of that means.

Yea, so tell us about the Porsche comment. 120K + new, fucking idiot.
Yeah you'll have to explain what you mean a little more clearly, tiger. What about what Rudd said? Eh?

What about sports cars? Faggot, some people like fast cars.
And the rest of us don't care. :rofl:

Nobody cares. Enjoy the new taxes, teeheeheeheehee. Go Rudd!

sXcGuRl69aU

I'M BREAKING LOLZ
HSC
i parked next to a black hsv grange today, one of the new ones, it looked pretty fucking awesome

HSC
i never really realised until the other day how fucking expensive new commodores etc are .. well, like, it's not much compared to some cars, but most new commodores are like $45-50ish grand, i was like :confused:

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
katietheskatie said:
i never really realised until the other day how fucking expensive new commodores etc are .. well, like, it's not much compared to some cars, but most new commodores are like $45-50ish grand, i was like :confused:
cashed up bogans are cashed up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)