Lying about atar to parents? (1 Viewer)

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad
hahahah
this is legit my back-up plan
yeah bro just make sure you check your mail after you get the results so the rents don't catch ya out, and if they do just say "nah mum, this isn't my student number, ill contact boardofstudies about this now, they sent it to the wrong cunt"

kazemagic

HSC
yeah brah do it. I told my rents i got 99.95 and am doing med/law. They don't suspect a thing, I just hang around centrelink all day and come home and pretend to study, it goes well.
lol dis guy

tattoo2200

HSC
N/A
never fucken give up man. You still have a alot more exams left and you can always push through and get your shit together

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
This guy left study till the last two weeks and got 99.7

There's still hope people.
To be fair, I didn't leave Maths that late. But, yeah, don't let your internals get you down. I came near the bottom of the year for my English trials and still managed to do well enough in the end.

Foxyq

HSC
Thanks everyone so much for the advice haha, I will try my best from now onwards to achieve the best atar I can possible get but there always will be that, "Face it, do you really think you'll get 90+?" at the back of my head. I've come to a conclusion that if I don't get 90+ atar, then I will lie to them because I seriously don't have the balls to tell them. They think that only 90+ atar people are able to make a living. They're so delusional!!! I'll just check the mail everyday and not show them. My dad will be overseas when we get out results and my mum never checks the mail, both my parents don't know they will mail you the results. So...yeah :'(

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Well, you'd think if your Atar was so important to your parents, and through them, to you, you'd actually put in the effort in order to get that 90+ atar.

It's not too late right now, as the HSC progresses, the worth which each exam has increases, so you've got right until the last tests which are, btw 50% of your mark for each subject, to make the change.

If all fails and you end up with an 60,70 or even 80 atar, you can still get into PLENTY of courses in some of Australia's top uni's. You're parents desire for you to get a 90+ atar is probably a result of their experiences in asia leading them to believe that only 90+ atar people are able to get into a good uni, which simply doesn't apply to Australia the "land of opportunity". Just make sure you've applied for some course at Sydney of NSW uni, or wherever you want to go, and you can just tell them "hey, I got __ atar, but who cares because I got into ____ uni anyway".
Wrong reference to America.
The GREAT land.
The PROMISED land.
GOD'S land.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
To be fair, I didn't leave Maths that late. But, yeah, don't let your internals get you down. I came near the bottom of the year for my English trials and still managed to do well enough in the end.
I remember when you said that you did 1 hour per day of maths, but that isn't near as much as a normal person would expect a 99.70 student to study. Amazing. Nice work. Then again, for English, the lowest at Sydney Boys is like 80 anyway? LOL.

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad
look kent I'm gonna try be helpful here we'll see how it goes. Tell your parents your ATAR, no matter what you get, theres no point lying to them. My parents expected me to get 90 as well and it was hard for me to tell them that I didn't. I just thought with the HSC, it's a pretty fair system, you get what you deserve and it didn't feel right for me to lie about that because i knew i didn't deserve to get my goal. But your choice, if you're a little bitch lie to them.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
look kent I'm gonna try be helpful here we'll see how it goes. Tell your parents your ATAR, no matter what you get, theres no point lying to them. My parents expected me to get 90 as well and it was hard for me to tell them that I didn't. I just thought with the HSC, it's a pretty fair system, you get what you deserve and it didn't feel right for me to lie about that because i knew i didn't deserve to get my goal. But your choice, if you're a little bitch lie to them.
lol
i bet you lied...

Johnstan

Sickunt overload
HSC
Uni Grad
nothing wrong with bending the truth a little
i played around with the numbers of my real atar and told that to my rents

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
I remember when you said that you did 1 hour per day of maths, but that isn't near as much as a normal person would expect a 99.70 student to study. Amazing. Nice work. Then again, for English, the lowest at Sydney Boys is like 80 anyway? LOL.
One hour a day is a lot.

@OP - Would recommend you ask yourself that question IF you get a *bad* ATAR. Premeditating what you MIGHT do in the future in case that happens makes it more likely to happen.

On a somewhat related note, I used to fake my report at school during Years 8-10, because my results were so shit, and my rents would have gone all anal. But your ATAR is a lot different from your school reports.

WeaselPowa

HSC
One hour a day is a lot.

@OP - Would recommend you ask yourself that question IF you get a *bad* ATAR. Premeditating what you MIGHT do in the future in case that happens makes it more likely to happen.

On a somewhat related note, I used to fake my report at school during Years 8-10, because my results were so shit, and my rents would have gone all anal. But your ATAR is a lot different from your school reports.
Lolol that's exactly what I did. Year 8-10 were my maplestory years.

Capt Rifle

HSC
yeah brah do it. I told my rents i got 99.95 and am doing med/law. They don't suspect a thing, I just hang around centrelink all day and come home and pretend to study, it goes well.
+10000 I look up to you man :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)