M & A (1 Viewer)

felix the cat11

Pirate Love
HSC
im doing fin/law at newcastle and i wanted to know what sort of average id need to get in my subjects to be appealing for a merchant bank in the field of legal contracts and similars ie mergers and acquisition type jobs.

felix the cat11

Pirate Love
HSC
ahh it is how i assumed. anyone know how many m & a jobs are out there? where do u start in a business if you want to get into this?

mr_shittles

Big Chief
HSC
felix the cat11 said:
ahh it is how i assumed. anyone know how many m & a jobs are out there? where do u start in a business if you want to get into this?
I've been told that the IBs are expecting to hire around 50-60 grads this year Australia-wide with Macquarie taking around half. But not everyone that goes onto the Grad program at IB are graduates straight out of uni, some of them have been working a couple of years in Big 4 or in the operations section of IB and transferring in.

total_revolt

HSC
mr_shittles said:
I've been told that the IBs are expecting to hire around 50-60 grads this year Australia-wide with Macquarie taking around half. But not everyone that goes onto the Grad program at IB are graduates straight out of uni, some of them have been working a couple of years in Big 4 or in the operations section of IB and transferring in.
50-60 grads in total across Australia across all divisions? Could you please confirm that this is actually the case, and where you heard this rumor from?

Cheers.

mr_shittles

Big Chief
HSC
total_revolt said:
50-60 grads in total across Australia across all divisions? Could you please confirm that this is actually the case, and where you heard this rumor from?

Cheers.
Yeah I heard this from someone who is a current grad at an investment bank.

I can't confirm that it is actually the case, since I can't be bothered ringing all the banks.

I can't recall if the number was just IB divisions or if it included traders . . . but i know we were talking front office positions.

Hope that answers your question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)