MacBook pro: apple shop vs external shop (1 Viewer)

BadMeetsEvil

HSC
N/A
just did some research and found out that MacBook pro from shops such as Harvey Norman, dick smith etc. has cheaper MacBook pro. any reasons why? like has it been tweaked and what not?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Pretty much when you are reseller, you buy X amount of units at a reduced cost, but if you were to buy a single unit, it will be at normal cost.

IE, if was to buy 100 Mac Book Pros (god forbid), id get them at ~%20 cheaper or at cost price, but if i was to buy a single unit, id be paying sale price.

Bulk Buy and wholesellers.

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
No they are all wrong they are just selling it lower than the RRP to get you to buy other shit with it.

BadMeetsEvil

HSC
N/A
so does that mean it's the same product... just lesser price which means win for me cos I'm not buying anything else.

deebsm

HSC
Usually with apple products you can get the item at a cheaper price at external store but also ask them to throw in stuff like a case or reduce the price of software. When I bought my MacBook I asked for a deal and they threw in a case and reduced the price of the Microsoft office. Even if you don't want cases and sleeves etc. sell it on eBay or something.
Hope this helped :)

_deloso

HSC
Usually with apple products you can get the item at a cheaper price at external store but also ask them to throw in stuff like a case or reduce the price of software. When I bought my MacBook I asked for a deal and they threw in a case and reduced the price of the Microsoft office. Even if you don't want cases and sleeves etc. sell it on eBay or something.
is this in the external or apple shop?

BadMeetsEvil

HSC
N/A
so macbook pro doesnt have office in it? dammnn. microsoft office is pretty expensive. yeah might ask them for a deal

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Mate is a M$ product, of course its not going to have it lol.

deebsm

HSC
Yeah it doesn't have Microsoft office... Kind of a bummer. Open office was not really my thing which is why I chose not to use it and invest in the real one.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
It's cheaper to buy it online through the education scheme for about $2299 (the higher end 15' model).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)