MacBook pro: apple shop vs external shop (1 Viewer)

sam113

HSC
I purchased mine about a year ago. (13 MBP)
When i was shopping around the best price was at the JB Hifi in the Strand Arcade across from the Apple store in Sydney.
They also gave me an excellent deal on M$ Office 2011.
I found that the apple store representatives were extremely unhelpful and lacking motivation to sell, rather relying on the customers buying Apple for the sake of buying Apple. The JB staff were however extremely helpful and happy to negotiate a price, in stark contrast to Apple stores reluctance to budge on price.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I think the more important question is... why the hell are you getting a MacBook anyway? Just get a PC laptop with the same specs and half the price.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
because design-wise, a macbook is wholly superior to any pc laptop
In what sense? Yes battery life far exceeds that of other laptops due to the fact there is one set of hardware and optimising for one set of hardware makes it easier to improve battery life.

Every iteration of Macbooks with 'new' processors in them always have overheating problems, and I don't mean overheating problems as in it shuts down randomly, I mean it burns whatever the fuck it's sitting on.

I also don't appreciate a fully aluminium laptop heating up all over as I'm using it. Combine that with the gestures, half of which are retarded and non-standard command keys is just retarded.

2kill4ad8

HSC
In what sense? Yes battery life far exceeds that of other laptops due to the fact there is one set of hardware and optimising for one set of hardware makes it easier to improve battery life.

Every iteration of Macbooks with 'new' processors in them always have overheating problems, and I don't mean overheating problems as in it shuts down randomly, I mean it burns whatever the fuck it's sitting on.

I also don't appreciate a fully aluminium laptop heating up all over as I'm using it. Combine that with the gestures, half of which are retarded and non-standard command keys is just retarded.

I would have agreed with you around 1 year ago, when i was also a PC fan. Honestly, if you are not "gaming" on your pc, MAC is best consideirng it is so simple, elegant and the issues you describe with heating and all, NO WAY!

haha i would never go back to pc agian! Quiet Simply! :D

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I mean

they don't *actually* have to buy Macs at all if they're unhappy with the price

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Personally happy to pay a premium for a mac. Build quality is second to none and the user experience is extremely polished. Plus I always have the option of also running Windows if I ever have issues with compatibility. Buy whatever suits your needs, as long as you can actually appreciate what you're actually paying for.

Last edited:

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Personally happy to pay a premium for a mac. Build quality is second to none and the user experience is extremely polished. Plus I always have the option of also running Windows if I ever have issues with compatibility. Buy whatever suits your needs, as long as you can actually appreciate what you're actually paying for.
+ you get the Apple store experience if you've never had it before (you just need to go in when it isn't toobusy). Apple products are always so polished.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I think this conversation should be moved to a separate Mac vs. PC thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)