macbook pro or macbook air? (1 Viewer)

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
ergh I have to wait after HSC to get educational discount. I'm getting the Mac Pro 15' - upgrade to 2.3ghz, 8gb ram and hi-res anti glare.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
ergh I have to wait after HSC to get educational discount. I'm getting the Mac Pro 15' - upgrade to 2.3ghz, 8gb ram and hi-res anti glare.
I got mine early. When you go through the checkout I don't believe the system asks for anything apart from normal contact details.

HSC
Uni Grad
umm you should upgrade ram yourself, save the money, a mac compatible 4gb stick of ram costs $40 at msy

apple even have instructions for you to do it on your own haha, http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1270

-----

also ummm $300 is not worth a 100mhz bump in cpu speed

2.2 to 2.3 will show up in synthetic benchmarks but won't be noticeable in the real world tasks

----

use the money you've saved to get a sexy solid state drive

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
umm you should upgrade ram yourself, save the money, a mac compatible 4gb stick of ram costs $40 at msy

apple even have instructions for you to do it on your own haha, http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1270
Agreed.

also ummm $300 is not worth a 100mhz bump in cpu speed

2.2 to 2.3 will show up in synthetic benchmarks but won't be noticeable in the real world tasks

----

use the money you've saved to get a sexy solid state drive
Though, I myself prefer a 15" screen - better viewing/better for audio applications + games. Depends on the use, I guess.

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
if you play games on a laptop you are a retard

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
if you play games on a laptop you are a retard
Thank you.
All my friends criticise me for not playing games on my computer but I don't want to make my laptop slower than it already is!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)