Macquarie Uni or Western Sydney? (1 Viewer)

imafailhsc

HSC
I got Bachelor of Information Technology at MQU and Bachelor of Computer Science at WSU. I feel like computer science would be more beneficial to me, and includes more of what I'm interested in, but from what I've heard MQU is better than WSU, and so I'm willing to take IT if MQU is a better uni. But honestly I don't know which course or uni to choose...

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Congratulations on your offers! Regarding which university to choose, what you should prioritise is the area of study that you are interested in, which, from what you suggested, seems to be computer science. You have the option of studying the Bachelor of Computer Science at WSU which matches your study interest.

Additionally, keep in mind that your performance throughout your time at university, i.e. results + GPA/WAM is important irrespective of the university you choose to attend. Optimal performance can be beneficial when seeking employment opportunities during your time at university, such as internships (which enable you to gain work experience before graduating), as it can make you a more competitive applicant. Generally speaking, attending a particular university solely due to supposed superiority without prioritising performance/failing to perform to a high standard is not likely to be beneficial for the student.

I hope this helps! :D

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I got Bachelor of Information Technology at MQU and Bachelor of Computer Science at WSU. I feel like computer science would be more beneficial to me, and includes more of what I'm interested in, but from what I've heard MQU is better than WSU, and so I'm willing to take IT if MQU is a better uni. But honestly I don't know which course or uni to choose...

You can major in Computer Science in Macquarie University Information Technology degree https://www.mq.edu.au/study/find-a-course/information-technologies/computer-science

Where are you located? How long does it take you to get to University?
Macquarie may be better to go to.

dasfas

HSC
CompSci is better than IT. I don't really know WSU/MQ that well, but I don't imagine them being particularly different in terms of course quality/prestige. The difference in quality will be down to how much YOU take advantage of the resources available. Also don't forget to do a lot of self-learning on the side as CS (in particular) is largely self-taught. Good luck!

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
WSU has a bad name in high school students, but employers don't really care.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)