Macquarie University Leaders and Achievers Early Entry Queries (1 Viewer)

jc82379

HSC
Hi guys, I am currently a Year 11 student and am looking ahead towards future entry schemes I may be interested in.

I understand the Macquarie University Leaders and Achievers Early Entry Scheme requires both strong academic results in year 11 as well as demonstrated community/school service. I should be fine for academic results but am more worried about community/school service.

I would prefer not to pursue initiatives or leadership opportunities within my school for personal reasons.

Are there any recommendations for community service outside of school?

What sort of outside-of-school initiatives/activities should I partake in and what sort of examples have beneficiaries of this scheme written in their application.

Any help or recommendations would be much appreciated.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Rotatory club.

Duke of Ed?

Local libraries may be able to help you with volunteering homework clubs/reading with disadvantaged kids.

What are your interests/hobbies/skills/subjects you are currently taking?

Where are you located? Would you rather it be on weekends or before/after school?

vinlatte

HSC
Hi guys, I am currently a Year 11 student and am looking ahead towards future entry schemes I may be interested in.

I understand the Macquarie University Leaders and Achievers Early Entry Scheme requires both strong academic results in year 11 as well as demonstrated community/school service. I should be fine for academic results but am more worried about community/school service.

I would prefer not to pursue initiatives or leadership opportunities within my school for personal reasons.

Are there any recommendations for community service outside of school?

What sort of outside-of-school initiatives/activities should I partake in and what sort of examples have beneficiaries of this scheme written in their application.

Any help or recommendations would be much appreciated.
Check with your local council to apply to be a youth ambassador. Or get involved in contributing to events in your local area.

_rakelt

HSC
I went to a catholic school so I did stuff with my parish church (xmas carol store etc)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)