Macquarie university or UTS? (1 Viewer)

charithacherry

HSC
Hello everyone! I am Charitha from India. I am planning to study Masters of Professional Accounting for the july 2016 intake. I am getting different kinds of opinions from everyone. Some people are telling me to go for UTS and some are telling me to go for Macquarie. I also heard that in Macquarie project works and assignments are given on a regular basis which gives us no time for part time jobs. Is it true? I also have plans of working in Sydney once I finish my masters course. So pls suggest me which university should I go for? Also I would like to know the job oppurtunities in the accounting field i.e the one which I am planning to do my masters. Which university has good campus recruitments? Also I need help in finding part time jobs. What kind of part time jobs are available? Pls help me out!

thanks and regards
charitha

Kingportable

HSC
Would it help to say that Macquarie University is the older more accomplished university of the two? It also has higher QTS rankings than UTS. Also the air is fresher if that makes sense. Because property is not cheap in the city i think it can be a bit claustrophobic at UTS because they cramp you into those cramp buildings. Also Macquarie University is great at commerce, one of the greatest traders of the past 20 years from Australia came out of Macquarie i think (Greg Coffey).

A great thing about UTS is that it's in the city and it's close to everything, if you want to be near the city and working in the city it might be more comfortable to be in UTS granted it's more expensive to live in the city. I love Macquarie but the number one crappiest thing about it is that it's so far to a lot of things. If you live too far away it might just be worth it to go to UTS. I travel like 2 hours to get to Sydney then a further 40 minutes to get to Macquarie and i have to like run all the time because my second train to Macquarie is always 3 mins away when i get to central. The second train i find sometimes is quite the burden. Also it's really shit when you're at uni at night and realise the station randomly closed at 10:30pm and having to catch the bus to the city. But rent is kinda cheaper.

-- You could gain training and work at the university as admin and stuff, Unis pay great (but this is the same with all unis)
-- You could work at a grocery story, Macquarie is right next to a shopping mall
-- You could work at Chatswood or Macquarie Park/North Ryde, Macquarie still an a urban area with busy offices. Microsoft is right over the corner of course.

If you work on your grades and your experience thoroughly i think it ultimately doesn't matter which you choose. A good worker is a good worker. So just choose the most comfortable one to you.

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Honestly just go to the one which is the cheapest in terms of finances.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)