Macquarie University Student Election to the University Council (1 Viewer)

nikmueller

HSC
oops...
when i said there would probably be another election, i was wrong.

unofficially i will become student representative on Uni Council by default.

HSC
N/A
yaaaay

Nick were you there when I got an sms? To top off our performance in front of the entire MUS205 lecture + Mark Evans, we've been asked to record our songbite on a course CD, presumably for future generations of mus205-ians to listen to!!! yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay go the awesemble!!!

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
This is pretty shabby.

If there is only one candidate for MUSC, I'm going to run against them. I really don't care about losing - you just cannot have a society which is so apathetic that there is default leadership.
Lol. Sure thats the reason for why you would become a candidate. If your interested in going for it, at least admit it :p

Kegs

HSC
I did hear a de-fault!!! Awesome! Welcome, welcome, to the club of apithetically elected members. Woo!

Phanatic

HSC
*Grumble grumble*

Back in my day candidates had to slog it out against fierce competition. Long days in chicken suits, trying not to hassle people while they ate their lunch but still wanting to talk to them.

Yeah, and representatives could dance. They never dance these days...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Back in my day I received sexual favours in exchange for more wheat and trucking fees :(

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
K. said:
How does one get involved with the SRC?
Sleeping with me *nods*

Thats right, VeeMa and me... like this!:wave: :wave:

K.

HSC
AsyLum said:
Sleeping with me *nods*

Thats right, VeeMa and me... like this!:wave: :wave:
I could never sleep with a lib!

And as for you, no, unless you've switched your shampoo and conditioner to garnier!

nikmueller

HSC
How does one get involved with the SRC?
you probably mean musc. they live downstairs from the outside food court.

i don't know about getting involved with them, i haven't found them very accessible to new people. try though, you never know.

nikmueller

HSC
*Grumble grumble*

Back in my day candidates had to slog it out against fierce competition. Long days in chicken suits, trying not to hassle people while they ate their lunch but still wanting to talk to them.

Yeah, and representatives could dance. They never dance these days...
hey man i was in a polar bear suit in 'o'week. oh and you betcha i dance

but in other news...

what is the go with the new representative body? who is writing the constitution? and what do we want it to look like?

X

xeuyrawp

nikmueller said:
hey man i was in a polar bear suit in 'o'week. oh and you betcha i dance

but in other news...

what is the go with the new representative body? who is writing the constitution? and what do we want it to look like?
zomg.

<3 bear hugs.

K.

HSC
The voting system is stupid. Mailing them in is stupid too. There should be an election week where students have to vote at the uni or post a form in. If not, they should be fined. This isnt saying they have to vote, they can send/put in the ballot box a blank form, but I think its important to raise the numbers of votes, at least this would create awareness of student politics and more importantly a student body.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Do they still have on campus voting? I am fairly sure they used to for something at some time while I have been at Macquarie but I don't know what for.

nikmueller

HSC
on campus voting for SAM elections.

k, you think fining people for not voting would mean they would be more active in the election system?

maybe just suspend their access to the web at uni.
... so cruel

i wonder if it would work. i'd like to see internet voting. may the best hacker win

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)