Main round offers at 9pm (1 Viewer)

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
Either way she'll have ended up at UNSW in the end so I dont see what the big deal is...

hannahxxx

HSC
they put them in the paper? wow.
Yeah.
However-like LottoX said-it's really just so others can nose into things that don't concern them .
You can actually write to the UAC and they will exclude your offer/s from media publications-so it is really your choice as to whether you want people to know.

I did this cause I know old friends/teachers who I really would prefer didn't know which uni I'm going to.

Every year there's this newsagency in Newcastle that opens at 12am on the night they're released- and a heap of people line up. Desperate, desperate people.
I think getting mine via the internet will do it just fine for me.

HSC
Sprinkles~ said:
Either way she'll have ended up at UNSW in the end so I dont see what the big deal is...
It's a matter of unnecessary inconvenience...unless of course UWS is close...

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Desperate people indeed. Out of interest what Newagency and where in Newcastle is it? Just curious honest. ;)

I think the point others were trying to make is the university preferences can determine what you will be doing for the next four years and then the career path for your life and so it is important to make sure it is done right the first time. In an ideal situation she should of wrote down the exact order she wanted them in then her dad could of just inputed that data and no drama is caused.

hannahxxx

HSC
watatank said:
Firstly, wtf I thought I answered the screenname thing in another thread...

watatank = what a tank
Coincidently, is the exclusion of the "h" in "what" a stylistic thing or was it a "oh god I can't rreeeeeach that bloody 'h' it's too far away on the keyboard" thing? Or by punning are you admitting that you actually lead a double life and that you're really
a) a water conservationist by day and
b) a professional liver-abuser by night
God I'd love a double life like that. Mate my username has no cryptic meaning in it- very uncreative I know. How shameful.

HSC
yea it looks better that way

watatank > whatatank

why must people scrutinise my username? there are less straightforward ones than mine that are never questioned...

Optophobia

HSC
It's ok to be a water tank! In fact you are highly appreciated in this time of drought.

H

housemouse

After reading this thread, I am utterly confused.

Is this correct?
They release what everyone got offered to do in the newspaper so people can look at what you will may potentially be doing this year at university?

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
yep, everyone can know what you're doing in uni provided they understand how to match up your name with the correct course code.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
And as said if you are really bothere contact UAC (pretty damn soon) so your name can be left out. But if they are that bothered to go through the thousands of names then let them be, at least that's how I feel but I guess different situations would determine that.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
hannahxxx said:
Coincidently, is the exclusion of the "h" in "what" a stylistic thing or was it a "oh god I can't rreeeeeach that bloody 'h' it's too far away on the keyboard" thing? Or by punning are you admitting that you actually lead a double life and that you're really
a) a water conservationist by day and
b) a professional liver-abuser by night
God I'd love a double life like that. Mate my username has no cryptic meaning in it- very uncreative I know. How shameful.

hahahahahahahahaha

comedic genius.

please, have my babies. in test tubes laboratories in siberia. and make them fraternal twins.

HSC
so uac doesn't operate like vtac, where they put your student code next to your course code. right?

Monstar

HSC
uberlovesounds said:
so uac doesn't operate like vtac, where they put your student code next to your course code. right?

wtf is a vtac? isnt that what honda drivers boast about...??

michaellu

HSC
Hey All,

Just a quick question..

I've changed my mind about my 1st pref in the Main around (I know too late). Would I be able to reject the offer in the main round and apply for a different course in the late round?

From B Tax in UNSW to B Eco (DFEE). Is there a chance I would miss out?

So if there is a "v" vacant next to 2007 UAI cutoff released wednesday, does that mean I would most likely or hopefully get a place?

Edit: oh shinigami, your avatar is da pic of Rainie in E Mo Zai Shen Bian :)

Last edited:

hellomike

HSC
You can accept your first preference and un-enrol it after if it turns out you get another offer. You need to change your preferences if you want to be considered after main round. Even though there will be courses with a V (meaning vacancies), and even though your second course is DFEE, there is no guarantee you may be offered another offer. In your mind, your probably saying I'm safe with DFEE but it's risky as with anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)