Major assesment results (1 Viewer)

captain249

HSC
Re: Wat Did U Get For Ur Major Work?

lol i cant see ur signature my computer isnt good enuf for that lol.
oh random fact!! i was born 100 years to the day after Hitler how crazy is that!!!
Mmm maybe u could try the mental disability stuff but i reckon the assassination attempts are much more interesting!!!

captain249

HSC

wow 14 units thats unreal!!!!! Good luck with thaT!!! but ur a history kid lol i can tell! mmm im not a huge fan of after school or out of school time lessons lol i do ext2 maths and extension history outside school hours- not a fan

ane_st

HSC

punkoohi said:
hmmm... whats that about? and how could u prove the truth?
can u explain that topic to me please... thankss

you reckon i could ask if Hitler had a mental disability, or did he kill himself? i dontt knoww
Hmm.. I dont really think that could hold well as a 2500 worded essay... There is an example essay on the resources page on the holocaust (i jst learnt that i could do links and im excited) .... Mines a bit diff to that one but along the same lines (i went into more depth on the # of Jewish killed and spoke more about the irving debate...)

The first thing i did before doing my topic is brainstorming... Areas of debate i found interesting.. (be careful you dont overlap with your 2unit history..) from there talk to your teacher about these areas of debate and try to come up with questions... Look at this forum and the resources page for some e.g.

You can change your topic ANY time!!

ane_st

HSC

Make sure you dont take on to many units.... Remember only your 10 best count (with 2unit eng being compulsory)

punkoohi

HSC

yeahh i know 14 sounds like way too much, should i drop sumfin? and im not THAT smart... likee i need to pick up on my english adv... I LOVEEE ITT but i dont seem to be getting good results.. NOT EVEN PASS AVERAGE

captain249

HSC

Yeah i agree with ane_st don't push urself overboard. I know its tempting to do more units (i was thinking of doin 15) so help ur uai but it wont if u do equally shit or give urself glandular fever by workin too hard- won't pay off!!
Yeah ppl did try to assassinate hitler-but failed. U might wana look into that. Do u have the history channel?? Thats a good basis for topics i think

ane_st

HSC

Dont worry about English.. I do Eng adv and in yr11 i didnt get good results.. In yr12 i started getting really good results and the modules are SO much more interesting.. Trust me.. my marks were SHIT in yr11 but ive improved heaps...

Only drop something if you dont enjoy doing it. Id say stick it out till the first round of yr12 assessments (when you actually start the courses) and then drop the one you dislike.

punkoohi

HSC

thanks guys!!! ill look into the asssassination stuff, ORRR about the postmodernism thing... it seems really interesting, how some people say that history is only what u say it is Anthony Seldon “there is no such thing as history, only what historians write”--which i agree with... but what do i compare it to?

ane_st

HSC

Look at the 2005 hsc paper... I think the dudes name was Keith Jenkins cause he says something similiar (i think :S)

What do you mean by 'comparing to'

There was a historian who said something similiar... Um Carr or Elton... Cant remember which one!! :S

Wait it was Carr who said to study history you have to study the historian (something along the lines of that) and that the facts only 'speak' when the historian calls upon them... "Study the historian before you study the facts"

Elton said that history was a search for truth.

Last edited:

punkoohi

HSC

well if i write about post-modernism... like what do i write about it... "this hsitorian said this" "that hsitorian said that"... big deal.. like what would be the point to my essay u know?

ane_st

HSC

You could talk about post-modernism among a historical debate... For e.g. for the Holocaust revisionists began to question the existance of the holocaust...

bonnie04

HSC
i did the australian 'history-wars', methodological approaches, and source use in tasmanian aboriginal history.

got 36/40 all up, which was the highest.

23/25 for the essay
2/2 proposal
4/5 annotated bibliography
7/8 log book

i think the log book has too much weighting compared to the essay and all.

Kegs

HSC

Punkoohi, what is it you want to do after school? What UAI are you aiming for? Dont freak out too much about English. It is all about your place in the class (I think I was around 2/3 down my adv. class). I got like 55% for my HSC assessment mark, 78 for my overall mark and my UAI was 92.35. So it scales up. English was my worst subject though, so dont feel alone. Just choose stuff you like, and do no more than you have to. I dropped both Physics and Chem by the end of term 1 year 12, and went on with 10 units. If you like everything you study, then just go for it.

punkoohi

HSC

thank you!!! yeah i really enjoy my subjects, but i don't want the work load to be TOO much, if worst coems to worst, maybe ill drop modern, cause i know the examw ill be much harder than ancient, but i think i rank good in modern thats the problem

ane_st

HSC

Wait till your first set of assessments till you finally drop any subject...

Unless your like me and fail bio prelim and then drop!

Ellie_Belly

HSC

I got 63/65 for my essay :D 2nd in class.

I'm so happy.

My topic was: Historians and the origin and ending of the youth movement of the 1960s

bassqueen16

HSC
i got 33.5/40 so i was UBER excited and happy :) the highest was 40/40 i was like :eek: shocked :) But yeah I cam 7/14 in the class which is ok I spose, I was coming 5/15 in the Half yearlys tho... OH Um my major work was an evaluation of the personality of Marie Antoinette :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)