Major assesment results (1 Viewer)

L

littlewing69

36/40--equal top in year, but I topped the trial..so it's all good :)

Well done everyone. Now just one more bloody exam! I hate this subject...

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Re: Wat Did U Get For Ur Major Work?

buddha121288 said:
Well i got 33/40

Position 1/1 YAY!!

I changed my topic about 4 times, but ended up with:

"Thirteen Days - A Historical Analysis"

all about the cuban missile crisis and its representation in kevin costners film.
just wondering were you allowed to do this? that's pretty good, seeing as that the cuban missile crisis is actually a case study under JFK for this course.

and also, would we be able to read your MW? some of us do JFK and (well for me at least) would be interested in seeing your perspectives and everything

emanuellasker

HSC
I got 42 out of 50, good for what my topic was, compare and contrast ancient and modern interpretations of Augustus Caesar throughout time.

samerin

HSC

Hi to everyone

i got 29 out of 30 for major history investigation. Two or three people got 27 and one got 26. Was pretty high standard i should say

ane_st

HSC

Do you even do ext history?? Your in yr11..... I doubt it'd be like our major was...

Megan5

HSC
This is quite odd.
For my major work I got 8/10. It was worth.. 10%

X

xeuyrawp

That's definitely the first time I've ever heard of a school ignoring the prescribed 40/50 percentage of the project...

Megan5

HSC
Yeah, my trial was 20%
I also had two assessments on our case study [nature of western expansion in the 19th century] which were 5% and 15%
I'm sure it all works out... somehow?? I dont know really. I just found it strange. I double-checked my assesment policies book that was given to us at the beginning of the year.. And it says 10%.
I actually thought that the Major Work was the 'easy part' of the course. I was more worried about my trial exam.

Megan5

HSC
Mmmhmm.. I'm alittle confused too.
I was under the impression, that because it is only a one unit course, it is out of fifty instead of 100?

X

xeuyrawp

timobr0 said:
that only adds up to 50%............
And then the HSC is 50%...?

Anyway, I don't know how much trouble a school can get into for not following the recommended 40/50 allocation (I assume it's something like not being able to re-register), but it seems silly. The Board guidelines are there for a reason.

That being said, I do think having a 40/50 project is a bad idea - I'd support the subject being split into two units, perhaps History Extension I where students do the What is History? section, and History Extension II where students do an externally marked project. /asside...

Sleiphnir

HSC
N/A
My project was incredibly dodgy - I did it the night before like all my other major works this year - you'd think I'd learn.

I got 18/20 for the essy
5/5 for the synopsis
5/5 for the source evaluation
5/5 for the bibliography
5/5 for the process log
9/10 for the proposal

I don't know how they were working it all out - we only had a trial as our other assessment (dodgy)

I think my question was;
Critically examine the perspectives of the 1960’s Cuban government through communist and capitalist ideologies.

As much as I hate Cuba now, I also used it as the basis of my EE2 major work which I did the four days before it was due.

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
Megan5 said:
Mmmhmm.. I'm alittle confused too.
I was under the impression, that because it is only a one unit course, it is out of fifty instead of 100?
yes, it is out of 50, but your internal weightings still need to add up to 100% (of 50). You said the project was 10% (which is 5/50), trial 20% (10/50), an assess. worth 5% (2.5/50) and another assess. worth 15% (7.5/50). As you can see it only adds up to 25 marks out of 50.

Maybe you meant to write that your project was worth 10/50 marks (which is 20%) instead of 10% of 50 etc.

PwarYuex said:
And then the HSC is 50%...?
Yes the HSC Exam is worth 50% of the HSC mark but from what I see, Megan5 is missing 50% of her internal mark (ie 25% of the HSC mark).

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

timobr0 said:
Yes the HSC Exam is worth 50% of the HSC mark but from what I see, Megan5 is missing 50% of her internal mark (ie 25% of the HSC mark).
Sorry, what I meant was that she was working with her final mark, ie internal 50/50.

But yeah, it's still confusing.

Megan5

HSC
I don't think I'm missing 25% of my internal mark. Maybe I worded it wrong. Sorry..
There is no way that I am missing 25%. I've worked out that in total, my internal mark out of 50 is like 42/43ish. Turn that into a percent and its 84-86%
I think.. i should question my teacher.. Being paranoid whilst approaching HSC exams isn't a good thing.

jabbie

HSC
Mine was worth 70% of my School Mark

Half yrlys 10%
Trial 20%

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC

38/40! I couldn't believe it... I was away the day before we had to hand it up due to illness... and I didn't continue my major until 8pm and worked until 4am. I did 60% of my essay, my logbook, most of my research (due to my crappy computer I couldn't access wikipedia so one of my chick friends had to get me stuff from there) and the sources bit until 4 in the morning, and in the end I ranked 2nd (the other marks were 39 37 and 35). :D

bassqueen16

HSC

i got 33.5/40 for the major work :D umm I was really pleased with the end result, I did images of Marie Antoinette- an evaluation of her personality :) but yeah i worked my ass off for this project, like i never usually do anything before the night before, but this was like a month at least :) i were well proud ;)

madelyn

HSC
I got full marks, which I was quite happy with, especially since I pretty much left writing it until the last week it was due, I think it was my actual interest in the major work topic that saved me. I'd support making history extension two unit - but only if we could do the major itself without undertaking "what is history". Too many one unit subjects is a bad idea, as I've discovered this year. Btw, did anyone get entered into the HTA competition?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)