major work - have you finished? (1 Viewer)

bats

HSC
I've got one of three large-scale charcoal drawings done. The other ones are close, just need some more shading & linework and things like that.
I can't believe final submisson is like a week and a half away.

lanss

HSC
my mtp was baby furnishings
my sis in law was pregnant throughout mtp and bow construction and sooo..

i bellycasted at the end of each trimester in plaster

cast 1 3 months: is plaster covered with about 450 small mosaic tiles
cast 2 6 months: is plaster gauze felted on top in bright colours, added with felt flowers (cos she had a lil girl) am thinking about taking this off the plaster and filling it with soft fiberfill and then felting the back... but unsure as yet.
cast 3 9 months: (n wow my god was she huge - she was overdue thankgod) is a clear cast with beautiful coloured embroidery threads inside and coloured pva glue - hah- and then recovered with plastic to give that 3d effect =)

and noo i havent finished!!!! i only bought the tiles yesterday off ebay (had to ring bos to see if i could use tiles)

STUPID 35 kg weight limit!!

markers are coming to my school - i know that, so i wonder if they will bring scales? ? :p

anyways goodluck everybody with finishing them!!!

:bomb:

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
my mtp was baby furnishings
my sis in law was pregnant throughout mtp and bow construction and sooo..

i bellycasted at the end of each trimester in plaster

cast 1 3 months: is plaster covered with about 450 small mosaic tiles
cast 2 6 months: is plaster gauze felted on top in bright colours, added with felt flowers (cos she had a lil girl) am thinking about taking this off the plaster and filling it with soft fiberfill and then felting the back... but unsure as yet.
cast 3 9 months: (n wow my god was she huge - she was overdue thankgod) is a clear cast with beautiful coloured embroidery threads inside and coloured pva glue - hah- and then recovered with plastic to give that 3d effect =)

and noo i havent finished!!!! i only bought the tiles yesterday off ebay (had to ring bos to see if i could use tiles)

STUPID 35 kg weight limit!!

markers are coming to my school - i know that, so i wonder if they will bring scales? ? :p

anyways goodluck everybody with finishing them!!!

:bomb:
Your body of work sounds amazing.

Dunno about the weight thing. Do you reckon they could even be bothered to weigh it?

Last edited:

Aixis

HSC
Ugh well mine is sort of nearly finished. It's a massive painting. Just need to stretch it and add some final details. My teacher keeps telling me it's hours from being finished which makes me so depressed.
Plus it's HUGE. Which is sort of embarrassing because I'm not an art genius and I'd say it's pretty good... But to a trained eye it's probably crap. I don't even really have a concept. I just wanted to draw the lay-dees. And now it's a painting.. Oh where did I go wrong?

So yeah I'd say it's almost finished, I spent so much time on it, but I hate it... So it will probably be stashed in the garage. At least it LOOKS like I did lots of things on it.

thebrightside

HSC
Finished my 2nd painting today... it would be the third painting, except she doesn't want me to hand in the very first one.

So I have two paintings done not including the initial one which sucks. And I kind of want to start a third one and see if I can get it done in time...

AnyaElude

HSC
I got mine back from the printers yesty. Frigging huge, I shouldn't have done it on myself lols. Now I need to cut out the irregular edge and mount it on the specially made pinboardy thing I've constructed. Ours are due on the 7th. I have no idea how to keep it safe once its at school either because we only have two art classrooms and no storerooms big enough.

have to tie up those feral year 8 kids XD

Hannargh

HSC
Just got back my photos from being mounted, and my water colour prints are mounted to, so I'm FINISHED! :rofl:

oksteph

HSC
OHMYGOLLY!
My majors due on Monday & I've finished taking the pics but I feel so under prepared. Like those who are doing paintings & scultpures& films, I feel like mine has so little effort --;
Anyway- Anyone else doing photographs- how are you going to present it?
Please help :(

johony

HSC
OHMYGOLLY!
My majors due on Monday & I've finished taking the pics but I feel so under prepared. Like those who are doing paintings & scultpures& films, I feel like mine has so little effort --;
i have people in my class arranging their photos into a book, but don't be overly concerned about 'how little effort' people may perceive you've put in to your work. sometimes it's better to just keep it simple - and if you've put any sort of effort into constructing your shots then you shouldn't be concerned at all.

there are great photographers out there, like annie leibovitz for example - who let the beauty of the shot do the talking, not the gimmicky arrangements that you may perceive as 'effort'.

fuzzy09

HSC
OHMYGOLLY!
Im doing photography as well, its my first time doing anything with a camera in art but im happy with the shots... they only thing i have left now is to print them out and mount them, which ill be doing myself lol

goodluck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)