Major Work (1 Viewer)

devosity

what is everyone doing for their major works? post up some pictures if you can
i'm doing a timber petrol bowser for industrial design and an offroad scooter for design and tech.

timace

haaarrr.
HSC
MDP

its a site to help all the kiddies use the network and net at school. im not gonna get it finished :eek:

Reat

I'm doing a textile art, that has an underwater theme and is going to be in a waiting room of a radiology when it's finished.

Does anyone have any good notes to do with entrepeneurial activities? Or even patents?

dansnation

a clothing range which allows the item of clothing to transform from winter to summerwear.

no where near finished.

yayness

hey ... there's less than 2 weeks left and i've decided to redo my portfolio... well not that i had one in the beginning anyways *oooOps* was juz wondering if anyone can give me any suggestions on how the structure... is it juz the same o typical stuff... ? design brief,analysis etc. ? yeh...??? you'd think i would know by now aye.. hehe :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ben

Originally posted by yayness
hey ... there's less than 2 weeks left and i've decided to redo my portfolio... well not that i had one in the beginning anyways *oooOps* was juz wondering if anyone can give me any suggestions on how the structure... is it juz the same o typical stuff... ? design brief,analysis etc. ? yeh...??? you'd think i would know by now aye.. hehe :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
This is the copy-paste from the syallabus, I'm using them as my headings/structure:

PROJECT PROPOSAL AND MANAGEMENT
- Identification and exploration of the need
- Areas of Investigation
- Criteria to evaluate success
- Action, time and finance plans and their application
- Selection and use of ideas and resources

PROJECT DEVELOPMENT AND REALISATION
- Evidence of Creativity - ideas generation, degree of difference and exploration of existing ideas
- Consideration of design factors relevant to the major design project
- Documentation of research, experimentation and testing of: design ideas, materials, tools, techniques
- Application of conclusions
- Identification and justification of ideas and resources
- Evidence of testing of design solutions and application of conclusions
- Use of communication and presentation techniques
- Evidence and application of practice skills to produce a quality project
- Consideration of the practices in industry/commercial settings as they relate to the major design project

PROJECT EVALUATION
- Record and application of evaluation procedures throughout the design project
- Analysis and evaluation of functional and aesthetic aspects of design
- Final evaluation with respect to the project proposal and the project's impact on society and the environment
- Relationship of the final product, system or environment to the project proposal

Last edited:

smithy

MDP

It's really hard- i dunno if i'm the lucky one having finished my project and folio early- i mean there's still heaps to do, but i'm worried that i've missed something- for that reason it's probably better finishing at 6am on the 2nd sep.

ben

Re: MDP

Originally posted by smithy
It's really hard- i dunno if i'm the lucky one having finished my project and folio early- i mean there's still heaps to do, but i'm worried that i've missed something- for that reason it's probably better finishing at 6am on the 2nd sep.
We have to hand it in on Friday i think - which makes things more impossible. How many pages is yours smithy? And damnit - you are lucky to be finished already. I'm about a couple hours off finishing my project - but my folio has heaps to go :(

smithy

folio

My folio is 110 pages including loads of photos and diagrams- but that's not including formal CAD drawings, receipts, evaluation letters etc.- I think it may be a bit long winded though.

smithy

Holy Crap

Whoa- huge... here i am thinking i've gotta shorten mine a bit- i dunno that there's even that much info in my head on my project. A lot of my project is diary.

ben

Re: Holy Crap

Originally posted by smithy
Whoa- huge... here i am thinking i've gotta shorten mine a bit- i dunno that there's even that much info in my head on my project. A lot of my project is diary.
Oh yeah - i still have to make up a diary-log.

My whole DT folio is bullshit - I mean "Evidence of Design Testings and applications of conclusion" - what the hell! Our project isn't worth ANYTHING itself! The HSC markers are more interested in your documentation of practical skills and evaluations rather than the project itself...

k8

dunno if much people kno but theres this thing where u can get your projects and folios pre marked for practice marking for the marker peoples...i got mine back, and they tell ya stuff to get improved, its way good, but kinda frustrating cos its all like, agh i just finished it and now i gotta change it!! but ya get better marks n stuff...
my project was makign stuff and setting up a 'system' in other words i had a stall at Glebe markets in sydney to sell my stuff, it was way cool n fun but fully tiring.... we only had 3 ppl in our class, one other girl did a water feature, it looks mad, and the other bloke did some kinda electrical thing that tells u where u are situated in the world or something....i hav no idea!!!
:D

Sage Esk

MDP

Hey,
Im new on here but I just wanted to share the news my MDP got marked the other day I was was nominated for the powerhouse display!!! Btw I made silver jewellery:D

ben

Re: MDP

Originally posted by Sage Esk
Hey,
Im new on here but I just wanted to share the news my MDP got marked the other day I was was nominated for the powerhouse display!!! Btw I made silver jewellery:D
Congratulations!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)