Making Pop ART vectored photos in Photoshop (1 Viewer)

akrinis

HSC
So, for my BOW I will be doing all photographic works and I'm really stressed out because I think my work is not up to standard and I'm very worried I'll regret choosing Art. I'm not work at Practical things like drawing or Painting or sculpturing.. basically I can't do anything with art physically, but I can do some things with Photoshop but I think that places me at a disadvantage.

I have a 5MP camera that is really difficult to take good photos with - everything always turns out bad [maybe because I am not familiar with the settings and features and I hardly use it] and I'm not confident about the technical side of the Art course in year 11.

Anyways, I want to know if any of you guys [who have done Photography as a base in their BOW] can give me a tutorial on how to Vector photos or turn them into Pop-Art, like in Comic books. Any tips would be greatly appreciated because I seem clueless.

I also found out my Photography teacher for PDV is not teaching me next year and I'm really disheartened because I think she's the best Photography teacher and it will be difficult for me to consult a teacher about Photography.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
chill out lol, you really don't need to be stressing about this now, you have like 2 years before the bloody thing is due

If it really bothers you, check out some of the photography courses at tafe, they're quick, inexpensive and very hands on. But honestly, your idea of what you want your BOW to be will almost definitly change between now and the beginning of year 12 so i wouldnt bother just yet.

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
The preliminary Visual Arts course is all about mucking around with different mediums and working out what you can and can't do. You don't have to stick with just the one medium for two years. Go outside your comfort zone and paint and draw and if you aren't happy with the end result then you can add them to your list of things not to do for the HSC. Process of elimination really. I did sculpture and digital art in my prelim course and I hated it but I found that it was a great learning curve in terms of art making. It also builds a lot of art making confidence.
I really wouldn't stress about this so early. Art should never be a stressful subject.
And yeah, your idea will change a million billion times before you actually get to start your BOW. Write a list of ideas (including concepts, mediums and inspirations) and by the time year 12 rolls around you'll have heaps to choose from.

Juliaan

HSC
i wish i was worried about my MDP in year 11, though not so early bud.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)