Malaysian Airlines flight MH17 shot down (1 Viewer)

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
Hi, this is tragic news.

Malaysia Airlines plane has been shot down over eastern Ukraine by a surface-to-air missile
• 27 Australians included in the 295 people on board
• Pro-Russian separatists being blamed but they have denied this
A MALAYSIA Airlines plane with 295 people on board, including 27 Australians, has been shot down in separatist-controlled eastern Ukraine.
Plumes of black smoke rose up near a rebel-held village of Grabovo in eastern Ukraine, at the crash site 40 kilometres (25 miles) from the Russian border. No survivors have been found.
Dutch authorities confirmed 27 Australians were on board, as well as 154 Dutch, 23 Malaysian, 11 Indonesian, six from the UK, four German, four Belgium, three Philippines, one Canadian and 47 were still unknown.
Prime Minister Tony Abbott has confirmed that at least 23 Australians were on board and inquiries are continuing.

Here is the full article: http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...inerussia-border/story-fnizu68q-1226992889461

RIP to everyone on board.

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
Such shocking and confronting news. May all those that lost their lives rest in peace.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Seems pretty clear rebels shot it down.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...urs-leader-boasted-We-warned-not-fly-sky.html
http://www.news.com.au/world/europe...over-the-ukraine/story-fnh81p7g-1226992928465

Also:
In a post on VKontakte, Russia's largest social media site, which has since been taken down, separatist leader Igor Girkin, aka Strelkov, wrote: "In the vicinity of Torez, we just downed a plane, an AN-26. It is lying somewhere in the Progress Mine. We have issued warnings not to fly in our airspace. We have video confirming. The bird fell on a waste heap. Residential areas were not hit. Civilians were not injured."

Last edited:

crazy_paki123

HSC
This annoys me. Yes its tragic and sad that this plane got shot and all the lives gone. But an airplane gets shot down or mysteriously vanishes and the whole world cares. Meanwhile in Gaza genocide is happening in front of our very eyes and it gets hardly any notice/help from politicians/people

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
this reeks of the odour of false flag by the Ukrainian government, et al...

crazy_paki123

HSC
Conspiracy theories flying around that it was shot down to take the focus off Gaza. I doubt that but its definitely fishy imo

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah after they fucking approved over 300 flights for airspace clearance. This is what happens when you give amateur weekend warriors AA missile systems.

Go suck on putin's tit even more.
yeah, I just had a little bit more of a read on it... Separatists dun goof'd... that, admittedly, was some cold shit... Russia has the black boxes; Russia will probably write the narrative... the evidence, at present, is pretty damning towards the separatists... they cocked up monumentally...

see, I am not necessarily a Russian sympathiser... These AA systems were not given, they were taken by Pro Russian separatists from Ukrainian bases... It is certainly not Russia's fault as it is being proclaimed... It's not Russia's fault Ukraine can't secure key military installations...

Last edited:

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
It's not Russia's fault Ukraine can't secure key military installations...
Yeah because it's totally not their fault in supplying rebels high tech weaponary, sending russian citizens by the busloads to ukraine and all that jazz. yeah not their fault at all.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah because it's totally not their fault in supplying rebels high tech weaponary, sending russian citizens by the busloads to ukraine and all that jazz. yeah not their fault at all.
ok...

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
what doesnt get shown in the aussie media was that ukraine fascist govt set up a no fly zone over eastern ukraine held by "rebels", secondly the said "Rebels" dont have air missiles to hit a plane at 10000metres, also the fact you need to know how to use the missile system, which means only ukraine could have done it

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
what doesnt get shown in the aussie media was that ukraine fascist govt set up a no fly zone over eastern ukraine held by "rebels", secondly the said "Rebels" dont have air missiles to hit a plane at 10000metres, also the fact you need to know how to use the missile system, which means only ukraine could have done it
Yes, russia never ever had an advanced anti-air missile system. Western propaganda comrade.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes, russia never ever had an advanced anti-air missile system. Western propaganda comrade.
Ummmm, you do realise that these missiles were fired from an installation which was originally Ukrainian, right???

you're not going to get one of these across the border without anybody noticing... especially when there is a hell of a lot of eyes on you...

I would write it off as a terrible accident from, yes, a trigger happy individual... NOT! an act of terror which it is being portrayed as...

Last edited:

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Ummmm, you do realise that these missiles were fired from an installation which was originally Ukrainian, right???

you're not going to get one of these across the border without anybody noticing... especially when there is a hell of a lot of eyes on you...

I would write it off as a terrible accident from, yes, a trigger happy individual... NOT! an act of terror which it is being portrayed as...
Ukraine has conscription. You do realize that some of the former rebels could have served in the Ukrainian military and knew how to operate these weapons? Also Armories were raided with Russian help which included some AA batteries. Doesn't mean the rebels didn't do it. I won't exactly call it an act of purpose terror but it was a huge fuck up on their part shooting down a civilian airliner.

Post from a finnish dude in a military forum

apez said:
couple of things stood out in my eyes; first the debate if separatists could have operated a BUK -system, and then why would anyone shoot down a 777. For the BUK I can say that it has been in Ukrainian service for years, and even here in Finland we have trained conscripts to operate them (now the BUK has been replaced with NASAMS), so it's possible that some separatists have received training as conscripts. And then the 777, it's not exactly a secret that there are military versions of the 777, and it wouldn't be the first time that Russians/Russian-aligned troops shoot down a civilian passenger plane thinking it's a military jet
Pretty accurate description on what possibly could happen.

classicjimbo

HSC
N/A
the radio transcript from this was fascinating and upsetting as hell

This annoys me. Yes its tragic and sad that this plane got shot and all the lives gone. But an airplane gets shot down or mysteriously vanishes and the whole world cares. Meanwhile in Gaza genocide is happening in front of our very eyes and it gets hardly any notice/help from politicians/people
haha come onnn "our dead children deserve more attention than your dead children"

considering these kinds of things often directly involve a wide range of countries citizens it's unsurprising that there's been a huge swing of media focus internationally towards it?

news and constant news updates concerning australians deaths at the hand of rebels should take precedent over foreigners deaths JUST FOR A DAY don't you think
just because gaza isn't the #1 story for once doesn't mean people have forgotten

'hardly any notice from politicians and people' haha m8 come on you know that's not even remotely true, it's been dominating all news outlets across the globe
the help part though yes you're right

Conspiracy theories flying around that it was shot down to take the focus off Gaza. I doubt that but its definitely fishy imo
haha christ almighty

Last edited:

classicjimbo

HSC
N/A
sounds like negligence on malaysian airlines behalf continuing to use that route even though they were advised by the international council to choose longer alternate routes (more spenno fuel wise for a struggling airline) and was kind of an avoidable incident in that sense

wonder if families will/can sue for damages or something

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Ukraine has conscription. You do realize that some of the former rebels could have served in the Ukrainian military and knew how to operate these weapons? Also Armories were raided with Russian help which included some AA batteries. Doesn't mean the rebels didn't do it. I won't exactly call it an act of purpose terror but it was a huge fuck up on their part shooting down a civilian airliner.

Post from a finnish dude in a military forum
Says exactly what I said!!!! You're also proving the point that the Ukrainian people in the east are generally disenfranchised by the current Ukrainian government by making the accusation that Ukrainian conscripts are responsible for the operation of the AA battery (baseless accusation, it was probably used by an individual who in fact doesn't know how to use one... That is why you had what transpired...); you were probably better off saying it was a Russian soldier (also extremely baseless and highly improbable; given the ramifications to the Russian government and the fact that they already have many individuals fighting their war)... Heck, the Ukrainian military has been shelling eastern towns for weeks, no one said anything...

Pretty accurate description on what possibly could happen.

That is not the language used to display malice; they seemed genuinely convinced that the plane they shot down was of the Ukrainian military (refer to their discussions about their search for weapons, etc)... Not saying they are innocent, after that, they went into cover up mode and became quite defensive about how they would explain themselves (which is what anyone in the wrong would do)... Heck yes, they were wrong... I'm not saying they weren't, however, the language being used by the media seems to be goating war (the labelling of this incident as an act of "terror", etc); which in my view is extremely disturbing... Hope that is not the case...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)