managing people at work (1 Viewer)

Gurlpower

HSC
hard?
easy?

difficulty out of ten?

im planning to do thi subject this semester but dont have too for my degree, just testing the waters in the HR dept.

anyone like to share their experiences?

L

LaraB

Gurlpower said:
hard?
easy?

difficulty out of ten?

im planning to do thi subject this semester but dont have too for my degree, just testing the waters in the HR dept.

anyone like to share their experiences?
In my opinion, very easy. It is like, (apart from management foundations) THE basic management unit.

Not that much work, especially if you're not in first year so have the organisational aspects of uni sorted...

Usually 1 custom textbook taht's pretty thin, not that much reading, basic assesments, a lot of lecture notes etc seem to be available.

= Jennifer =

HSC
i found it boring because it was just repeating most of the stuff you learn in business studies at hsc level..and basically what lara said is true too :)

Gurlpower

HSC
it looks odd and complicated in respect to the assessments.

finding annotated sources after annotated sources what the hell?

im looking at last sems outline.

hYperTrOphY

HSC
Easy. I didn't do any work (I hated it) and got a HD.

If they're using the same book (ISBN: 0074716778) I have a copy I'm selling. PM me if you're interested.

fai69

HSC
Overall...easy.Done it last semester.But i must say the unit is rather disorganised.So many technical errors and such.I was even mistaken as another student and was given an AF when my real mark was a HD.But last semester's exam was stupid as it made us to do external research about workchoices so it depended on where you looked and in a way unfair since not everyone will have the same sources.And you'd think exams come out from what you learnt from the book.But yea overall its quite easy....the weekly quizs you have 2hrs to do so thats ample time.Just do well in the annotated bibliography assignment and you'll get at least a D.I also have my book for sale.Perfect condition.

tubtub

HSC
managing people at work: i thinking of doing this as an elective. just wondering is it similar to management foundations or more in depth? thanks.

j_davo24

HSC
tubtub said:
managing people at work: i thinking of doing this as an elective. just wondering is it similar to management foundations or more in depth? thanks.
Its different to Management Foundations in that is all about HRM, where as management foundations is just general management principles. If you don't have to do it I'd suggest you don't. The assessments are very subjective and the content is extremely boring.

dude01

HSC
I did this unit last semester too. The content is easy, but the assessment was quite confusing and explained poorly. It was a disorganised unit, as others have said i.e questions in the quizes were actually marked wrong when they were correct (even though, they fixed it up later). Saying that, I got a D. I would choose another unit if you have the choice...

Gurlpower

HSC
mixed reactions here.....

can someone please sell me a textbook?

i cant pay more than 50

smiless

HSC
gurlpower, u can have my textbook for $50 if ur still interested.

HSC
N/A
It easier then some subjects, but you need to put the work in just like with anything at uni

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
i liked it.. the teachers linked it to AWA and things u would have dealt with or will deal with.. was very good..

out of 10 i would give it an 8

4eyesnb

HSC
N/A
did it 2yrs ago, a useless subject...everything in the content are simply assumed knowledge, i was from engineering back ground and I find it is boring common sense!:mad1: Final Marks are determined by how much bullshits you can squeeze in !!!

Last edited:
L

LaraB

4eyesnb said:
did it 2yrs ago, a useless subject...everything in the content are simply assumed knowledge, i was from engineering back ground and I find it is boring common sense!:mad1: Final Marks are determined by how much bullshits you can squeeze in !!!
haha i'm a business student and i found it equally useless:p

they say it's assumed knowledge/prereq for just about everything, but every other unit reteaches you stuff the "real" way and totally revises it so you don't really need it...

Was pretty damn boring too lol:p

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)