Mandarin tutor wanted (1 Viewer)

Robert1961

HSC
N/A
very good guess.

My name is Robert and I was born in 1961.

I am not hiding anything.

So that makes me a sicko, does it?

I could have been sneaky and used some other ID to hide myself, but that's not me.

Go and read my profile at www.MasterCoachingLiverpool.com

is a roflcopter
HSC
dont take this opportunity to plug your own tutoring

and you should fire your webdesigner because he or she has a lower level of english and grammar than my little brother

Robert1961

HSC
N/A
What ever happened to offering a simple thank you, to someone offering assistance, with good intentions towards velox. Whether that assistance was useful or not. Good manners.

is a roflcopter
HSC
you are right of course i was only bored thats all

ok bye

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
[QUOTE
Robert1961 said:
Geoff had offered other ways to help you too, which I did not mention. Since, I did not want to do all the work for you. I wanted to put you in a position to help yourself.

Geoff is a very decent & special person. If you ever get to meet Geoff you will understand why.
perhaps I'm quoting you out of context Robert; but the way you write does instill fear in the eyes of a reasonable teenage reader.

velox, you may also consider Diploma in Languageshttp://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/programs/2007/3417.html at UNSW: roughly 4-5 contact hours per week; you can do it on HECS; and concurrently with your existing program.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Virtual--just to let you know that if you do Med/Arts, you will have to overload in 2nd and 3rd year (of your combined program), and take 4th year off to finish Arts (hence the 7 year duration). There is no provision for integration between the med and arts degrees, so you'll probably have to decide on the one major only. Wishing you luck in whatever major you decide on :)

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Frigid said:
[QUOTEperhaps I'm quoting you out of context Robert; but the way you write does instill fear in the eyes of a reasonable teenage reader.

velox, you may also consider Diploma in Languageshttp://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/programs/2007/3417.html at UNSW: roughly 4-5 contact hours per week; you can do it on HECS; and concurrently with your existing program.
I am doing a dip languages :) Thanks to you posting on the forums about it, I went and did some research. Mandarin is hard but quite fun :)

lala2

Banned
HSC
That Dip Languages looks sexy. Unfortunately it says only for people who are currently enrolled in or have graduated from a degree at UNSW. I really wanna learn Mandarin quickly.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Ooooo yes! Are you enrolled in the Dip Languages offered at USYD and not UNSW then? I was confused with the handbook--it doesn't specify how many credit points or subjects you need to qualify for the diploma. So...is it a one year or two year diploma? I hope it's one year!

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
think its 42 uoc for the dip.

btw i am at usyd now, not unsw. It's a 3 yr course, max time u can take is 5 yrs. You take 1 subject per sem, and overload.

Might be dropping it since, I can't have 30 hour sems.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Overload? That's not good :( I might do it in fourth year if my practical placements don't interfere. I've heard that 4th year is the easiest and the bludgiest year--basically 13 contact hours a week. I could even overload now--the contact hours are not an issue but the workload means a no-no at this stage. 42UOC is also not too bad, if anything, I could just stay back an extra year at uni.

so velox, what are you majoring in for your diploma? Thanks for the info!

Robert1961

HSC
N/A
Originally Posted by Robert1961
Geoff had offered other ways to help you too, which I did not mention. Since, I did not want to do all the work for you. I wanted to put you in a position to help yourself.

Geoff is a very decent & special person. If you ever get to meet Geoff you will understand why.

Frigid said:
[QUOTEperhaps I'm quoting you out of context Robert; but the way you write does instill fear in the eyes of a reasonable teenage reader.
Offered other ways to help you too, which I did not mention - In the event that Geoff could not help - he told me that he has a Chinese friend from USYD who might. Plus velox wanted me to find out the prices - well just email & ask yourself - I thought how lazy is velox who was asking for assistance

Geoff is a very decent & special person. If you ever get to meet Geoff you will understand why - Geoff is an inspiration to all who meet him. Geoff is in a wheel chair. He had an accident base-jumping with friends off Australia's highest waterfall, somewhere up in Queensland. His mate brought him back to life with CPR. He spent a long time in hospital recovering. He is raising a daughter (with the help of his parents). Geoff has recovered to the extent that he is able to once again make a valuable contribution to society. I am just amazed when I hear that he still travels to China to put together business deals between Americans and Chinese. I have known Geoff for many years - I wanted velox to find out all this in his own time.

So it's all a bit rough to experience both Geoff & I referred to in such derogatory terms.

As Khamal once said, "why are they so unkind?" (showing my age there)

ViRtUaL

1/cosC GSXR1000
HSC
ok then that is a touching story, so sorry for my comments.
but perhaps next time u should express yourself in a less seedy way. that is all. and why are u even a member of boredofstudies if you're 46 years old? i wouldnt want my father trawling around on these forums.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
but its not just him that lurks on these forums...there are plenty of others as well
i guess you tend to find middle age people in the tutoring part of the forums

its better than finding them giving relationship advice dont you think?

Robert1961

HSC
N/A
Thanks ViRtUaL for your understanding.

I am in the business of assisting school students in their studies. It is a very rewarding profession. So offering assistance on BOS is only an extension of that. I don't want to be afraid of helping - due to the negativity of some.

If you receive well intended advice & assistance, why does age matter? Be thankful.

Fair enough - beware of crooks that prey on the young. Definitely.

Why is a 46 year old a member of BOS? - I could be 23 or 81 and I would have the same reason to be a member of BOS - I am just try to keep up to date with current trends in education, as that is my passion & business.

If I help others along the way, then good for me.

As velox always says -
Never get discouraged and never quit. Because if you never quit you are never beaten. - Ted Turner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)