• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Marketing at UWS Bankstown ? (1 Viewer)

7th Sign

HSC
ok i am thinking of going to UWS, I have heard alot of people going lol UWS is shit, and comments like that, are these comments even true? Like i hard some mate going USW had to sell their chairs and table to pay for things or something :|

I want to do a course like marketing/business, I am also going for that RET test thing. Does the bankstown campus offer that ? Or am i going to be heading to the gongo to do this stuff?

any info is great thanks

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
UWS is not shit! Its just ignorant people saying that. Some courses are only avaliable at UWS. It suits what I want to do, so I'm not complaining.

Any university that you will attend will be expensive, by the time you add together costs of textbooks, transport, and other stuff that you might need.

You can do the RET at Bankstown.

You can do a course B of Business (marketing) which is what Natstar does, so she would be able to answer any questions. However, its only offerred at Parramatta and Blacktown campuses.

7th Sign

HSC
far out marketing is what i am made for....blacktown and penrith are to far way from me I live in the shire I need to go to Bankstown UWS or The gong which i dont reall want to :(

Where is a list of courses at bankstown uws and their required UAIs?

I really need this info as my careers advisor sucks hardcore....

thanks people

7th Sign

HSC
Cape said:
UWS is not shit! Its just ignorant people saying that. Some courses are only avaliable at UWS. It suits what I want to do, so I'm not complaining.

Any university that you will attend will be expensive, by the time you add together costs of textbooks, transport, and other stuff that you might need.
yeah i know uni isnt that expensive my sister goes to sydney uni i know all the costs she has my parents pay for like 70% of her uni fees, and yeah i know UWS is probly good its just idiots i know saying comments like that :( I dont want to pay out UWS because i will probly be going their :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Bankstown is generally for humanity stuff (i think).

Heres the list of all the marketing course.

Alternatively you can have a look through the handbook for any other course.

7th Sign

HSC
wtf UWS campus - Singapore

is this real or a mistake?

also why is everthing "RETIRED"

why does bankstown campus suck soo much? it offers like no things to my interest :(

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
It real. I think its part of an exchange program. I dunno too much about it though, someone else like natstar or klh would probably know more.

Everything is retired, because last year the uni was forced to cut and change number of courses and subjects due to funding restrictions. You should try clicking the button that says "commencing 2005".

You will be able to see things much more better when you get your UAC books.

Yes, bankstown does suck, hiphop said it doesn't even have a bar :p

William_Lawry

NSW Police
HSC
N/A
i dont want 7th sign at bankstown... go do marketing some where else

7th Sign

HSC
William_Lawry said:
i dont want 7th sign at bankstown... go do marketing some where else

pffft bankstown seems to have all semi-shit courses so i dont think i will be going their....other campuses seem to have ok stuff but ...

L

LaraB

7th Sign said:
far out marketing is what i am made for....blacktown and penrith are to far way from me I live in the shire I need to go to Bankstown UWS or The gong which i dont reall want to :(

Where is a list of courses at bankstown uws and their required UAIs?

I really need this info as my careers advisor sucks hardcore....

thanks people
its not that far by public transprot from what friends doin marketin and stuff at blacktown who live our ur way say... so don't let that put u off coz it seems to be a very good course:)

have you considered any otehr business courses? coz have a look. some may be offered at bankstown...

and also have a look at social sciences - i can't remember exactly but i remember there was a B Social Sciences (Employment Relations) which is actually quite similar to the equivalent business course and is at bankstown

Last edited by a moderator:
HSC
i go to bankstown campus, well its my home campus but im studying this sem at penrith :p

hmm well from what i can remember it has

b community welfare (u wont like that, i do it, i wanna transfer out of it its SHIT)

b social science (u might like the criminology major thats what i wanna transfer into)

b policing (u might like that i thought it would be shit but ive read stuff on it and its a good course, will does it)

b arts (dont do it)

b marketing is mostly at the parra and blacktown campuses, its not that far to catch a train from the north shore to parra.

UWS isnt as bad as people WHO DONT GO THERE make it out to be, i mean as long as YOU are good then IT is good.

bankstown doesnt have a bar so fuck goin there :p

LMM

LMM
HSC
I think realistically you need to accept that going to uni means having to travel. It is inevitable. If you really want to study business marketing at UWS you will need to travel to either Parramatta or Blacktown. It is not that far and believe it or not we have ample transportation to facilitate you whether you are catching the train, bus or driving. The course is an incredibly popular course and both of these campuses where it is offered are equally as popular.

colonial1770

HSC
1. The bar at bankstown is reopening thursday next week. It used to be open but was shut down last year. Since then bankstown has developed a bit of a latte culture.

2. UWS does not suck, only losers who don't go there say that. In fact most of my tutors/lecturers have worked at other unis like UTS and Usyd and one of them even wrote the textbook that the 'more prestigious' unis use for one subject.

3. Heaps of courses were cut thanks to John Howard, he seems to have a personal gripe against western sydney, uws funding has stalled while other unis have seen funding increases.

4. Try looking at marketing/business courses held at Macarthur, it is on the East Hills Line and is a 2 minute walk from macarthur station (unlike bankstown campus where you need to catch a train and a bus). And it will only add about 15mins to your train trip or drive up the M5.

5. Bankstown's focus is on the arts and education(teaching) courses just like hawkesbury focuses on agriculture and environment, parramatta on business or penrith on everything else.

L

LaraB

colonial1770 said:
1. The bar at bankstown is reopening thursday next week. It used to be open but was shut down last year. Since then bankstown has developed a bit of a latte culture.

2. UWS does not suck, only losers who don't go there say that. In fact most of my tutors/lecturers have worked at other unis like UTS and Usyd and one of them even wrote the textbook that the 'more prestigious' unis use for one subject.

3. Heaps of courses were cut thanks to John Howard, he seems to have a personal gripe against western sydney, uws funding has stalled while other unis have seen funding increases.

4. Try looking at marketing/business courses held at Macarthur, it is on the East Hills Line and is a 2 minute walk from macarthur station (unlike bankstown campus where you need to catch a train and a bus). And it will only add about 15mins to your train trip or drive up the M5.

5. Bankstown's focus is on the arts and education(teaching) courses just like hawkesbury focuses on agriculture and environment, parramatta on business or penrith on everything else.
1 - WOot parra has a bar... not that i really use it lol :p

2 - yeah to add to that - not only have most taught elsewhere a lot went to unsw, usyd, anu, uts etc etc and CHOSE to teach at uws coz they prefer to so people should really stop going on about how dodgy teachers are coz they aren't - they're all qualified, a lot have industry experience, many still practice/operate in the copororate world and/or do R&D so they're well up to date etc etc etc. I think the teachers at uws give you an advantage since they've been through their uni/taught at other unis so you get kind of the the best of everything with some lecturers :)

3 - John Howard hates us coz we're an ALP uni lol - i mean "Whitlam research centre" , "Whitlam library" lol need i say more :p plus we don't have full fee paying students so being the capitalist upper class lovin man he is i don't see him loving that :p

4 - In case you don't know coz a guy i was talking to yday didn't, Macarthur = Campbelltown campus

5 - aww you left out Blacktown lol... everyone always 4gets them... parra and blacktown were kinda similar in the courses they offered.. campbelltown is a bit too... but they cut law at blacktown so it's a lot of business stuff and that kinda thing now.. law runs now only at 2 campuses - parra n campbelltown. BE sure to check with recent sources about what campus stuff is at coz if you're going by last year's UAC guide, it still has, for example, Law at Blacktown but it didn't run and non longer does:)

7th Sign

HSC
I will probly be heading to parra then it seems ....

can some one please give me a run down on what uais business/marketing courses at parra uws need ? because my career advisor seriously has no idea lols....

L

LaraB

7th Sign said:
I will probly be heading to parra then it seems ....

can some one please give me a run down on what uais business/marketing courses at parra uws need ? because my career advisor seriously has no idea lols....
have a look on uac site

there were 2 campuses offering marketing last year and the cut offs were 70 and 79.somethin.. so yeah - sometimes there's quite a substantial difference depending on campus so make sure when you're looking thru ur uac guide you chekck to see which campus iwhich

the uac guide's pretty good as far as it lists UWS courses under UWS Parra, UWS Campbelltown etc etc so it shows em up separately:)

7th Sign

HSC
I dont get why two different usw campuses have different scores....couldnt you just get into the lower score campus then tranfer to the higher one ?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
7th Sign said:
I dont get why two different usw campuses have different scores....couldnt you just get into the lower score campus then tranfer to the higher one ?
They have different cut offs because of demand. More people want to go to parra than blacktown, just because of the location. Theres no difference whether the course is held at blacktown or parra, only location.

L

LaraB

Cape said:
They have different cut offs because of demand. More people want to go to parra than blacktown, just because of the location. Theres no difference whether the course is held at blacktown or parra, only location.
exactly:)

generally it is possible to transfer from a hihger to lower uai cut off coruse, but that said - no you can't 'just' get into one and transfer - you gotta apply to transfer and depending on numbers (for 1st yr entries via UAC i mean) they may not let you as if say you're at campus x with a course cut off of 85, but you wanna go to campus y which has a cut off of 80, it doens't mean campus y will necessarily have been less competitive and have less numbers coz people often pick campus coz of the location not just uai

like, eg, i coulda done B Arts/B Laws which used to have a higher cut off than B Business/B Laws - i picked business not coz it was easier to get into but coz it was at parra and from seein my bros screwy timetable i figured i'd get the shits with going back n forth between bankstown and parra campus and having classes clashing etc.

Obviously, if there's different cut off's for each campus there's a reason for it:) coz otherwise they'd just have made it 1 cut off for all the same course eg instead of some law courses which used to be ranging from 92-94, they'd have just said it was, eg, a 92 cut off for all law courses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)