stazi said:
^the guy works for PWC. he is the voice of reason. listen to him michael
I work for no such company. :)

Where'd you get that from?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
michael1990 said:
I still don't think he would lie. I am not about to call him a liar if i don't mean it.
fucking lol. ok, hypothetical.

I used to work for Video Ezy. My manager was earning about $45k/year + benefits such as a performance based bonus, leave days and sick days.

The area manager, who was part of the Whittaker group (they manage video ezy's finances, payroll, marketing, etc.), told me he was getting $150,000/year.

I'm not sure at all what the NSW manager or the national manager, or the international manager, or even the associate directors were getting (Video Ezy is in Singapore and some other countries).

The managing director for video ezy's global and local operations gets $210,000/year including non-share bonuses.

How believable is my scenario on a scale of 1 to 10? One of those figures must be wrong to make the scenario believable. Which one is almost certainly wrong?

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
michael1990 said:
GE?

Its not a franchise. Its more like the Francise System that Harvey Norman uses.
I know it's a few pages back...

But HN franchisees make little to nothing. In fact, 90% of the company earns very little.

Gerry doesn't do too bad though :p

stazi

Nightman
HSC
and Michael, my dear, I honestly believe that marketing isn't the right choice for you. A marketer needs excellent problem solving skills, a developed sense of logic and creativity. You sure are 'creative', but fail at the other two. You need to be amazing at critical analysis, which you keep proving you suck at.

I would recommend a more mundane career path, such as that of a bookkeeper.

Angelz.sing

HSC
N/A
stazi said:
and Michael, my dear, I honestly believe that marketing isn't the right choice for you. A marketer needs excellent problem solving skills, a developed sense of logic and creativity. You sure are 'creative', but fail at the other two. You need to be amazing at critical analysis, which you keep proving you suck at.

I would recommend a more mundane career path, such as that of a bookkeeper.
Leave the kid alone dude

stazi

Nightman
HSC
that actually wasn't meant as an insult, it just doesn't seem like he have the skills to do marketing. maybe advertising, i guess.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
just wanted to let you guys know that i've deffered uni next semester after realising the potential remuneration i could be earning elsewhere as an area manager. 200,000 is just too good to be true. i'll let you know how i go as i climb the corporate ladder 3 rungs from employee to area manager, and more then triple my salary!

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
blakegman said:
just wanted to let you guys know that i've deffered uni next semester after realising the potential remuneration i could be earning elsewhere as an area manager. 200,000 is just too good to be true. i'll let you know how i go as i climb the corporate ladder 3 rungs from employee to area manager, and more then triple my salary!
Jokes old man.

Let it go.

7th Sign

HSC
Hello I currently do marketing at Para UWS 2nd year student, I want to do a sub majior in E-marketing as this is my specialty and I have worked in SEO and online marketing for some time.

I also have a Advanced diploma in Marketing and a Cert 4 in advertising.

As for your questions:

- what do you learn about?

Firstly the basics of marketing, then you move onto the more in depth marketing subjects such as market research ect ect, then you look at international marketing.

- what do the assignments involve you doing? (eg. surveys etc.) - well the market research majior assignment you need to pick a business which needs help and do a large review process on them, surveys all types of primary and secondary research.

- do the assignments involve alot of group work? - alot of assignments involve group work yes, as marketing is a job where most of the time you have to work as a team, group presentations, group reports ect ect.

- are there any cadetships or internships that you can do? Yes their are many you can choose from, I all ways get letters asking me to join various ones.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
how are there many marketing internships and cadetships?? name some companies offering these?

7th Sign

HSC
stazi said:
how are there many marketing internships and cadetships?? name some companies offering these?
It's usually smaller companies that just send you letters asking for a internship whilst studying at uni, usually I just throw them out as I have no interest in these as I all ready work in online marketing, I guess if you have a interest in one call your university careers department.

But as for me I want a career in both online and off line marketing. Look at the way marketing is heading the most popular ad format not in both UK and USA is online media, companies in the USA are disparate for marketers with online media skills.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
oh right. those internships are usually unpaid. which is balls. and it's advertising agencies which are desperate for people with those skills, rather than marketers.

7th Sign

HSC
stazi said:
oh right. those internships are usually unpaid. which is balls. and it's advertising agencies which are desperate for people with those skills, rather than marketers.

No it is not just advertising agencies its also companies looking for marketers with these skills.

And no all these internships which have been sent to me were paid, but yes the payment rates were pretty crappy 25k a year??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)