Marks are out! (1 Viewer)

michelleanne

HSC
Hi!

I ended up gettiing the following:

Assessing and Working with Communities...........................................Distintion

Program Planning and Evaluation.........................................................Distintion

Workbased Learning Project:Humanitarian and Health Studies ..........Distintion

Culture and Health in Aboriginal Communities...................................High Distintion

I am happy with these results and since this was my last semester I would have hated to fail a unit and come back next year.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I got:

Nature based tourism - credit
Tourism issues and change - pass
Tourism and community studies - credit
Introduction to Australian Indigenous studies - pass

I happy with these marks - even though i thought that i was going to fail the indigenous subject cause my lecturer called me a nazi.

michelleanne

HSC
Hi!

I don't do accounting but whats the deal with the meetings that accounting students have about their spring exam results? I have never seen this before.

Michelle...

VX1-08U

I got:

Community Development in Health - Credit.

Financial Management in Health Services - Distinction

Those two subjects were worth 20 credit points each, hence why I only have had two subjects this semester.

I know how you feel michelle about hating to fail a unit and come back next year ... since I this was my last semester also - did Bachelor of Health (Health Promotion / Health Services Management) at c'town, which is the old Health Science course... we're the last group to go through. The course must have changed a fair bit, haven't seen any of the units you done before.

Last edited:

klh

HSC
GOt my results at 7.35am, i thought it would be later but i am happy with my results --> UWS can guarantee my transfer!!!!!

I got:
Accounting Info for Managers :Distinction (Expected after i did the final exam, i was just passing at the other stages)

Management and DEcision Making : Pass ( Didnt do too well, happy that i even passed)

Manageing people at work : Pass (by far the most feared, lecturer called me a ...dun worry, but happy i managed a pass)

Management Foundations: Credit (unexpected, thought i got a pass with my exam going ons.)

Congrats to all, and to those who arent satisfied...work harder.

Thats all

EDIT: ALL Accounting Students ( also accounting info for manager students)
View your paper at parramatta campus! Log onto webct to access how you did in the test, your marks and information about where to go to view your test.
In my webct, tells me to go to Parra, EDG35 on 20 Dec, dunno the time.

Last edited:

GTR

HSC
KLH, i thought you needed a GPA of more than five for UWS to do an internal transfer...

klh

HSC
i got a perfect 6 in first semester. then i stuffed myself up with many problems to get a gpa of 4.75 this semester. so overall, [6 + 4.75] / 2 = 5.375. so you were right i do need a better than credit average.
I hated accounting as well! but i studied the text book during cramming time [left i lot too late] and miraculously understood it so well so i liked it.
thanks. congrats to yo too natstar! sicks a bit with the waiting for your Intro to Biz law, i thought that there was a deadline for all results. Do like always, ring and complain ;)

liz

HSC
How do you work out your GPA??

And when do we find out the actual marks we got for each subject??

Jacks

HSC
hey,

The uni website just says we'll be posted the actual marks in "late December" so in the next couple of weeks I'd say. As for the GPA the mail we get might even have it on it...I'm not too sure though, can someone confirm or disbute this?

klh

HSC
hd=7 d=6 c=5 p=4
gpa= add thso numbers which correspond to your mark e.g. distinction, high d, credit, pass.
then divide them by the number of subjects you did, usually divide by 4 as you did 4 units. then its your gpa!
actual marks are posted to us.
Usually they send it , you get it tomorow or the next day perhaps. they told us the we get results on thenet and following that is the mail letter.

Also, what are your results Jacks? you didnt tell us!

Jacks

HSC
hehe I didn't did I?? Sorry about that. Well here they are:

Italian 102: DISTINCTION
Australian Politics: DISTINCTION
Approaches to Communication: DISTINCTION
Approaches to Text: CREDIT

(BA Comm at Bankstown)

The only actual overall mark I know so far is for Approaches to Communication in which I got 82...though I only know because my tutor mailed me back my final assessment and listed the overall mark along with my assessment mark.

So there you go, we'll just have to wait for the rest! ;)

klh

HSC
congrats man! thats a gpa of ....calculating................5.75.
Thats weird, you have such good marks but the gpa doesnt give you justice. aui equiv. of : 94.
you first year?
have a nice day!

Jacks

HSC
yeah I'm first year, though technically finished...so soon to be second year :p
thanks though I'm happy enough with my marks, just eager to see where in between 75 and 84 the other distinctions were hehe...you have a nice day too!!

theone123

blue essence
HSC
i failed biz law. :( :( :(

i dont wanna repeat, wat r my options.

i dont fink i failed miserably like maybe 45+

who can i tok to for like appeal?

i applyed for spec consid. for that subject and i couldnt believe it didnt help???

advice needed, thanks in advance.

klh

HSC
to TheOne123, i reckon you should go to the unit coordinater and ask her out.
They should be there as most are still working but dont want to pick up the phone...
i tried to look for appeal policies but its not on the website, did you get the exam guide in the mail? check that! it has some info in it, unfortunately i lost mine..sorry dude not to be able to help.
My friend failed a u nit before and he is ok, just have to repeat it.
i guess your options are to repeat or appeal, i dont have any experience in this...not that i want to either.

good luck to you mate.

edit: whoops just found it!
at http://apps.uws.edu.au/uws/policies/ppm/doc/000159.html

Jacks

HSC
hey,

I don't have any experience either...ummm is it possible for you to try and get a Conceded Pass (45-49%)?? Have you failed a lot of the things or just the exam because I know they are given in exceptional circumstances where you perform ok overall i.e maybe just bomb out on one thing such as the exam. Definitely go and see the unit co-ordinator and ask them what your options are. Sorry I can't really help more.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Not sure about UWS, but at Newcastle, if we think we have fair reason that the final mark is wrong, or unjust (say, if we can show that an assignment worth a decent % of our grade, was worth more than it got), we can get a review of our final mark, its like $35, but it would be worth it, if UWS has similar and you think you have reasonable cause.

http://www.newcastle.edu.au/policy/academic/adm_prog/review_final_result.html <<<a link to our policy on it, yours will probably be similar.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
i failed the major one, i needed 55% for the final to actually pass overall.

ace

is retired
HSC
Don't you's get marks, rather than band titles?

e.g. 70 for like Credit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)