• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

marks in 2u maths (1 Viewer)

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
beentherdunthat said:
yeah so why don't you do 4unit u smartass

and i done all of them, are you going to tell me you know how to work out 4unit as well
4U is yr 12 only at my school. i'm in yr 11 so they won't let me take 4u yet.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
foram said:
4U is yr 12 only at my school. i'm in yr 11 so they won't let me take 4u yet.
What separates you from band 5 to band 6, or even from 96 to 98 is the little mistakes you make. In order to compensate, you should be at least able to do the last few questions.

2unit you should average at least 85% internally (although 90%+ would be a better goal) and it'd be possible to get 95+ .

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
tommykins said:
What separates you from band 5 to band 6, or even from 96 to 98 is the little mistakes you make. In order to compensate, you should be at least able to do the last few questions.

2unit you should average at least 85% internally (although 90%+ would be a better goal) and it'd be possible to get 95+ .
I can do every question. :D What I get wrong is stuff like forgetting the +C after integrating, or not seeing something when collecting like terms, or writing stuff like -2-3=5 ! :burn:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
foram said:
I can do every question. :D What I get wrong is stuff like forgetting the +C after integrating, or not seeing something when collecting like terms, or writing stuff like -2-3=5 ! :burn:
Then those little things separate you from the TOP of the top.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
foram said:
That's at least better than the mistake I made. I wrote the wrong question in my question booklet and solved it and do you know what I got for that question? 0/2!!!

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
lyounamu said:
That's at least better than the mistake I made. I wrote the wrong question in my question booklet and solved it and do you know what I got for that question? 0/2!!!
My teacher (HSC 4unit marker) said that if you copy the question down wrong with the numbers (ie. 4x instead of 3x, not like x instead of x²) and still do the whole process right, you'd be able to score full marks. Maths doesn't really care for your final answer as much as you showing that you KNOW the process of how to obtain it.

I guess sometimes it can't be helped, but you should really watch out for it.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
tommykins said:
My teacher (HSC 4unit marker) said that if you copy the question down wrong with the numbers (ie. 4x instead of 3x, not like x instead of x²) and still do the whole process right, you'd be able to score full marks. Maths doesn't really care for your final answer as much as you showing that you KNOW the process of how to obtain it.

I guess sometimes it can't be helped, but you should really watch out for it.
What???

That is so cool!!!!!!

My mistake was that I wrote x^2 instead of x^3. I did the whole process right since it was an easy question. I am pretty sure it can't be helped. :mad:

But I really appreciate your advice & comment. Thanks!!!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I think it's called "carry-forward" error.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
Kujah said:
naa, thats different i think. There was a question with 5 parts for physics, i didn't know how to do the first part, and all other 4 parts needed that first part, so i jsut made up an answer so i could do the other 4 parts. the mistake in the first part is only marked wrong once, and thats the carry on error.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Kujah said:
IMO - they SHOULDN'T give you carry-forward marks in INTERNAL exams, as to set you up to be more cautious in the external.

Tough love really LOL.

But that's just my opinion, and I admit I'd be pretty pissed if I got 0/4 just beacuse I wrote something wrong. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)