Marks required to stay in ABL course?.. (1 Viewer)

jonno92

HSC
I'm doing the B Bus. + Comm. (Advanced Business Leadership) course and I'm just wondering what marks are required to stay in the course? The first semester is exactly the same as the normal BBC course so does that mean I just need to pass (50%) in each unit?

If so, are there any incentives to actually do better than what's required? lol.. I mean do you get a certificate/report at the end of each semester/year telling you what you've achieved, what marks you've got etc.. to put in your resume?..

Are there different levels or something that you can pass with?...

Thanks alot

HSC
If so, are there any incentives to actually do better than what's required? lol.. I mean do you get a certificate/report at the end of each semester/year telling you what you've achieved, what marks you've got etc.. to put in your resume?..
you can get a copy of your transcript at the end of each semester, but you'd probably have to pay for it (I don't go to UWS but most uni's make you pay $10-20 for a certified copy of your transcript).

kagura

HSC
You need an average GPA of 5.0 throughout your ABL degree or you'll get dropped to the normal BBC course. This means that you will at least need a credit average (65+) for each subject. Of course, you can still have passes provided that you have distinctions and high distinctions to balance things out.

Pass: 4
Credit: 5
Distinction: 6
High Distinction: 7

GPA = total/number of units you've completed.

jonno92

HSC
You need an average GPA of 5.0 throughout your ABL degree or you'll get dropped to the normal BBC course. This means that you will at least need a credit average (65+) for each subject. Of course, you can still have passes provided that you have distinctions and high distinctions to balance things out.

Pass: 4
Credit: 5
Distinction: 6
High Distinction: 7

GPA = total/number of units you've completed.
Hey, thanks alot :)
So I could get 2 distinctions and 2 passes this semester and that would be a GPA of 5.0 for this semester?
What are the marks for pass, distinction and high distinction?..

Thanks again :)
PS: Is it easy to maintain this credit average? I'm sure if dumbasses that I've met at Uni can pass with 50% + then I'm capable of getting 65% +...

kagura

HSC
Pass: 50-64%
Credit: 65-74%
Distinction: 75-84%
High Distinction: 85-100%

It takes a bit of effort to maintain a credit average, but as long as you don't slack off too much and complete all of your readings and homework during the semester, then you'll be fine! ;)

haylz234

HSC
Pass: 50-64%
Credit: 65-74%
Distinction: 75-84%
High Distinction: 85-100%

It takes a bit of effort to maintain a credit average, but as long as you don't slack off too much and complete all of your readings and homework during the semester, then you'll be fine! ;)

if you dont get a credit average for three straight semesters they drop you back to the ordinary bach of bus/comm

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Students who perform super dooper well get put on Dean's lists or gain invites to the Golden Key society. They could also potentially be awarded a Dean's Medal (this goes to top 2% of the graduating cohort, dependent on the course) or graduate with distinction (potentially awarded to those who have a GPA of 6 or above when graduating: UWS Policy DDS - Graduation Policy ). Those are all good things to have in a resume :)

But maintaining a minimum credit average is most important to stay in the ABL course, which in itself, is an advantage to have over an ordinary BBC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)