marriage (1 Viewer)

Skeeta

HSC
My boyfriend and I have always talked about it. He is the one that always said that we would have a long future ahead of us.

Now he wants "space"

So uh, yeah its not a good idea because it messes with your head.

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
It's probably not a good idea to marry someone until you are financially independent and have lived with them for a bit.

quik.

HSC
Marriage scares the poo out of me.

I think it's important to acknowledge that people will change, especially over the course of the initial years out of highschool.

Sometimes you grow together, sometimes apart.

Either way I think it's best to simply enjoy the time you spend together and just go with it, no use worrying about tomorrow.

T

trolloutaface

wtf, don't get married at the age of 17! are u ready to be a wife?!

enjoy being a teenagers ffs :'(

sophie1989 said:
ur sister was going 2 :p haha
Please stop posting! :(

tash.

HSC
i'm not saying we're going to go get married right now. i'm just saying its pretty definite that one day we will. just wanted to know if its the norm.. apparently not.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
You cannot say that it's going be a definite.

If you don't grow and change in the next few years then not only will you be abnormal but you'll be boring.

People change, things happen, you can't say that you will do this in X amount of years.

It'll just be harder when you break up.

tash.

HSC
Blackswan said:
Is this ur first relationship?
sure your feelings may be strong now and you feel like you totally love this dude and wanna spend forever with him, but its very doubtful that you will. God ur 17, you haven't even fully developed yet love. Things'll change!
condesending much? and no, this isn't my first relationship.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
You have to wonder though. I'll admit that from time to time I think about what it might be like if my 4 years with my current boyfriend turns into the REST OF MY LIFE. And if I happen to be okay with it (sometimes I am, sometimes I'm not) it's like you're then jinxing it.

You don't get that?

tash.

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
You have to wonder though. I'll admit that from time to time I think about what it might be like if my 4 years with my current boyfriend turns into the REST OF MY LIFE. And if I happen to be okay with it (sometimes I am, sometimes I'm not) it's like you're then jinxing it.

You don't get that?
you can't jinx something like that. Its not about luck or whatever.

2sense

The disorderly drunk
HSC
tash. said:
so i was wondering.. my bf and i are 17 and we've been going out for 2 years now. we've admitted that we want to be with eachother in the future and often discuss getting married and having children .. is it like that for most people with partners?
you don't wanna ruin your life too early.

Skeeta

HSC
tash. said:
you can't jinx something like that. Its not about luck or whatever.
You can jinx things. When you set your heart on getting married and spending the rest of your life together, and you have one teeny little doubt, what you expected for your future and your life is screwed.

If you take things as they come, the outcome wont be nearly as bad.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
More like make high expectations and fall flat on your face is what I mean by jinxing.

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
More like make high expectations and fall flat on your face is what I mean by jinxing.
I think the high rate of divorce can be attributed to both parties having unrealistic expectations all the time. It's about compromise and selflessness.

I'm talking about females who want to live a sex in the city lifestyle who don't realise that such a lifestyle is expensive and only exists if you are married to a guy born with a silver (or other semi precious metal) spoon in his mouth (or other orifice) or who is a hotshot investment banker who is either never home or snorting coke of some high class hookers pert arse. They want to eat out all the time, want a housekeeper, a modern apartment, a chic car (must be brand new! a mini, Peugeot, Golf etc) and a gaggle of female friends to tell about their lifestyle.

A selfless female would understand if not all of those things would be delivered.

I actually can't think of a list the 'stereotypical' male would want that he should happily compromise on, well, because I'm male and its harder to be self critical.

:D

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
I think the high rate of divorce can be attributed to both parties having unrealistic expectations all the time. It's about compromise and selflessness.

I'm talking about females who want to live a sex in the city lifestyle who don't realise that such a lifestyle is expensive and only exists if you are married to a guy born with a silver (or other semi precious metal) spoon in his mouth (or other orifice) or who is a hotshot investment banker who is either never home or snorting coke of some high class hookers pert arse. They want to eat out all the time, want a housekeeper, a modern apartment, a chic car (must be brand new! a mini, Peugeot, Golf etc), the latest clothes (that they only wear once) and a gaggle of female friends to tell about their lifestyle.

A selfless female would understand if not all of those things would be delivered.

I actually can't think of a list the 'stereotypical' male would want that he should happily compromise on, well, because I'm male and its harder to be self critical.

The point is, if it is a real relationship, or love, those things don't really matter. And anyone who doesn't compromise on the unimportant things isn't worth it.

Last edited:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
wheredanton said:

I'm talking about females who want to live a sex in the city lifestyle who don't realise that such a lifestyle is expensive and only exists if you are married to a guy born with a silver (or other semi precious metal) spoon in his mouth (or other orifice) or who is a hotshot investment banker who is either never home or snorting coke of some high class hookers pert arse. They want to eat out all the time, want a housekeeper, a modern apartment, a chic car (must be brand new! a mini, Peugeot, Golf etc), the latest clothes (that they only wear once) and a gaggle of female friends to tell about their lifestyle.

The point is, if it is a real relationship, or love, those things don't really matter. And anyone who doesn't compromise on the unimportant things isn't worth it.
Have you ever met a girl?

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
That's what I was wondering... I don't know any women like that.

I do know a few men who want their wives to be their mothers, basically do everything for them while all they have to do is go to work, come home and do nothing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)