• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Martin Place Hostage Situation (2 Viewers)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
lol. i love this guy.

You serious? I'm thinking about maybe going there to see what's happening. Anyone else been the Martin Place or areas nearby?

DIE HARD
Don't go. You'll just be a nuisance like everyone else hanging around there.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Yesssssss

So happy that the hostages are fed! :D
But how did that gunman allow it? (Just curious)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
7:40 PMTwitter
Julia Holman
@JulesHolman
Police have identified who the gunman is. He is known to police. NSW Police have asked the ABC not to identify him #sydneysiege #abc730

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
ChrisReason7 Chris Reason
When the 5 hostages escaped, the gunman could be seen from here getting extremely agitated, shouting at remaining hostages
About seven minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone Favorite Retweet Reply

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
I might be terrible with sourcing information, but this thread and BLIT's posts has kept me more up to date than any one source on the net.
Yeahh
Blit you legend! :)

7:40 PMTwitter
Julia Holman
@JulesHolman
Police have identified who the gunman is. He is known to police. NSW Police have asked the ABC not to identify him #sydneysiege #abc730
OMG YAYAYYAYAYYYYYYY I hope this is truee :D

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Yesssssss

So happy that the hostages are fed! :D
But how did that gunman allow it? (Just curious)
Probably got hungry

doesn't mean anything... could indicate compassion, could indicate he's planning something stupid... The Jews had the compassion to give Jesus his last meal before he was crucified...

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Nine News Sydney @9NewsSyd · 27m 27 minutes ago
UPDATE: Reports food is being taken to the back of the Lindt building in the midst of #SydneySiege. #9News

53s ago
19:48
Siege enters 11th hour - what we know

Five hostages have fled the Lindt Cafe in Martin Place in Sydney and an unknown number remain inside. It is not clear if the hostages escaped or were freed and police are not confirming either ways for operational reasons. One of the hostages is in St Vincent’s Hospital in a “satisfactory condition”.
Police have identified the gunman but have asked media outlets not to publish his name. At this stage there is only one confirmed gunman.
Police are treating the siege as a Counter Terror operation.
The gunman took customers and staff at the Lindt Cafe hostage at 9.45am AEDT in Sydney and has contacted multiple media outlets making demands through the hostages.
Mosques, synagogues and churches across Australia are inviting the public to gather tonight to pray for a peaceful resolution to the siege at Lindt Cafe in Sydney in a show of multi-faith unity.
Prime Minister Tony Abbott has said the gunman has political motivations in a statement to media:
This is a very disturbing incident. It is profoundly shocking that innocent people should be held hostage by an armed person claiming political motivation.
Premier Mike Baird and NSW police commissioner, Andrew Scipione, are due to give another press conference in about half an hour. I am going to hand the reins of the liveblog over to the trusty hands of Katharine Murphy and perhaps I will see you again in the morning.

enoilgam

HSC
Didnt he say he would trade 5 hostages to speak to Abbott - has this actually happened?

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
is it true that Channel 10 got a video ?

[19:40] Channel 10 Reporter has reported that they have received a video of a hostage relaying the demands of the gunman ?

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm social media retarded, I'm assuming that's a date stamp to a post or something... I'm assuming this guy is based in Australia somewhere as well and is not in a different time zone...

It could be different country timezone or something.. sometimes social media timezones stuff up...

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
is it true that Channel 10 got a video ?

[19:40] Channel 10 Reporter has reported that they have received a video of a hostage relaying the demands of the gunman ?

They've been contacted and have definitely got audio, not sure about video...

Confound

HSC
lol yeah either different timezone or a fortune teller

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)