• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Masterplan for UNCLE (1 Viewer)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
I did that once for modern history in the HSC. Was so tired of studying I just stopped. I'd done some notes a while back but didn't know them at all and still managed a decent mark and I am so bad at history. Anything is possible. Good luck Chris (and Matt) :)

My first is on Friday. Part of me is willing it to hurry up. The other part is wanting a tiny bit more study time. But what can you do huh?!

PS. Loal network cable :D

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Mine aren't too bad, I guess.

3rd year finance exams are structured so that, if you're sitting on a HD average for assessments, and you fail the exam, you receive 50 as your final mark.

So, you need to pass the final to get anything above 50. This isn't technically the same as failing the course, but imo it's still perceived that way.

I'm on HD average for both finance subjects. Cmmmmmmooonnnnn.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Yeh, a lot of courses require a pass in the exam. Most of mine don't though :D But yeh, some of my mates have had ~70% exams. And some of them don't get any at all.

Basically, they're only stressful because people leave studying for them till the last minute. That, or maybe they're really unlucky and had assignments all the way up to exam time, though I think a lot of courses try hard to make sure assignments are done before exam time. All you have to do is know ~12 weeks of work. Sometimes 6 weeks and they expect more from you (and the other 6 weeks have been tested in some other way). But like the HSC, you're set up to answer the questions. You just have to remember the answers!

EDIT: And who knew Chris knew Alanis Morissette lyrics..haaa :D

blue_chameleon

HSC
em_516 said:
Yeh, a lot of courses require a pass in the exam. Most of mine don't though :D But yeh, some of my mates have had ~70% exams. And some of them don't get any at all.

Basically, they're only stressful because people leave studying for them till the last minute. That, or maybe they're really unlucky and had assignments all the way up to exam time, though I think a lot of courses try hard to make sure assignments are done before exam time. All you have to do is know ~12 weeks of work. Sometimes 6 weeks and they expect more from you (and the other 6 weeks have been tested in some other way). But like the HSC, you're set up to answer the questions. You just have to remember the answers!

EDIT: And who knew Chris knew Alanis Morissette lyrics..haaa :D
Who knew! *Dada*Irony.*Dada*
Why you go judge me like that Emily? :(

EDIT: My sister was into her. A couple of times, I was walking past her door, and heard some songs. Yeah, yeah........that's it. :D

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Oh yeh, uhhuh sure :p
Nah I'm not judging. Who doesn't know that song?! Haha. Can't say I know the lyrics but then I don't even on my favourite songs..so..

I know plenty of Nirvana and Pearl Jam and a bunch of other shit coz of my brother playing shit in his room haha. My mum knows Nirvana coz of my brother playing shit in his room..that's disturbing.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
i think the 'must pass exam' rule unfairly skews results towards those who are naturally better in exam environments.
If assessments dont need 50% then why do exams? i work myself so hard all semester (right up to week 14 because we had stupid assignments due) and now i need to study hard enough to ensure a pass in the exam. I've got enough marks with assessments already to pass if it werent for this rule.
i think it's unnecessary.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
As if you won't pass the exam Matty, esp. if you have worked hard all sem :)

~untitled~

HSC
1 down, 3 to go.

I swear the psyc coordinator found my study notes and decided to examine absolutely everything that i hadnt studied.

blue_chameleon

HSC
The_highwayman said:
i just hate exams so much.
You're not the only one. I had a HD average going into todays exam. Now, i'll pass.

untitled said:
1 down, 3 to go.

I swear the psyc coordinator found my study notes and decided to examine absolutely everything that i hadnt studied.
1 down, 2 to go.

Yeah, my exam had 5 questions.

The shit part was that one question worth 20 marks used a formula that he mentioned once in passing. It was a very insignificant thing in the course, yet he throws 20 marks on it.

When I find it, I'll scan up the formula and post it up. Unfortunately, it's not even in the textbook.

Sigh.

Last edited:

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Yuck :S :(
Did you never get an exam revision lecture? My lecturers usually drop big hints haha.
My GOD my eyes are so tired. I cannot fucking wait to stop studying.

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
~untitled~ said:
1 down, 3 to go.

I felt a bit of that too. And scraped a 68% on my essay so no buffer-marks. psycfails ahoy!

ps. HI!!!!!!

em_516 said:
Yuck :S

Did you never get an exam revision lecture? My lecturers usually drop big hints haha.

My GOD my eyes are so tired. I cannot fucking wait to stop studying.
mine do too, hey. Along the lines of "make sure you study this, it will be tested in the exam" and the fantastic method of re-using practise questions from the course notes in the actual exam. Of which there were many.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Hahah I know right? That was my exam today. Only I wasn't organised enough to actually sit down and pre-prepare essays (sif it's really worth it anyway haha).

Though I did foolishly get caught out with one part, but thankfully I had done that topic as part of one of my assignments so I just ripped shit out of my ass (tasty).

~untitled~

HSC
DownInFlames said:
I felt a bit of that too. And scraped a 68% on my essay so no buffer-marks. psycfails ahoy!

ps. HI!!!!!!
HEY! it was pretty hard i recon and there was no anatomy test in the exam! not even a single brain! They lied to us. I got 75% in the essay, but aparently i rambled on about stuff that wasnt supposed to be in there.

Speech marks are up too, theres just no email or anything saying so. Let me know how you went.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)