Math Ext 1 Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

icycledough

HSC
have you seen the paper for yourself? can you please give a judgement im interested to know your view consdering you did last years
Oh yh, last year's one was definitely much easier than this one. I've completely forgotten all 4U knowledge so won't be able to make an accurate judgment, but with this year's exam, it looks like it starts to get difficult from Question 15, whereas with last year's one, only 16b was difficult from memory.

O01x

HSC
is it possible they can ask a finance question? i have NO CLUE what an annuity is
Possible, Ext 2 had a 3U question which legit had no correlation to the 4U course, they just made it look like it had correlation by chucking in IBP.

notme123

HSC
Possible, Ext 2 had a 3U question which legit had no correlation to the 4U course, they just made it look like it had correlation by chucking in IBP.
but they did tell us the formula for some reason which makes me think they may provide more info if they do ask something exclusive to 2u

icycledough

HSC
Could it have potentially been a 'Harder 3U' topic question? I might be wrong, but I believe that still is assessible.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Could it have potentially been a 'Harder 3U' topic question? I might be wrong, but I believe that still is assessible.
All questions have to map to a section in the syllabus (see marking criteria document which shows this). It cannot map to a topic that doesn’t exist in the syllabus. In this example, it is mapped back to the dotpoint which says “apply these techniques of integration to practical and theoretical situations”.

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
I hope it's not as hard as the ext2 exam
I reckon 3u will be hard as well. The 2u exam was hard from what I've heard. 4u was hard in that it was just different. So if I were to hedge my bets I would say 3u will be equally as difficult. Looks like NESA got the feedback from last years 4u exam and took it personally to destroy our year lol.

5uckerberg

HSC
annuities with DE the nature of the two topics are so different from one another that one cannot build a question using these two topics. But I will not be surprised if annuities gets combined with binomial theorem.

Anaya R

HSC
Very unlikely but not impossible. They would have to somehow synthesise it with a topic that is exclusively in the Ext1 syllabus (with a focus on the Ext1 topic though).
I don't think they'll ask financial mathematics since it actually is part of the overlap between standard and advanced maths

notme123

HSC
I don't think they'll ask financial mathematics since it actually is part of the overlap between standard and advanced maths
imagine asking networks in extension haha (ik its impossible im messing)

uniqueusername1

HSC
Also judging from last year's paper. There's a pretty high probability that numbers will also show up in this exam.
you're telling me i spent the past two months studying essays on Euclid’s contributions to the field of mathematics for nothing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)