Math Ext 1 problems, what to do? (1 Viewer)

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
thisnameistaken said:
yeah circle geometry is pretty hard, you haev to think alot and draw upon alot of the reasons, i got through it myself using study guides and ALOT of practice questions
Well i don't think circle geometry is hard as such, but it is really annoying! Same goes with trigonometry, but we finished all of trig in 2hrs in class so it wasnt that bad.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
the-derivative said:
Same goes with trigonometry, but we finished all of trig in 2hrs in class so it wasnt that bad.
2 hours seems quite insufficient with all the material that needs to be learnt.

Prosper

HSC
I've heard of schools doing Circle Geometry first to try and weed out all the silly kids trying to do it. It is in my opinion (along with locus) one of the most annoying topics. Just get through it, you can do it. Our school did it towards the end of Year 11.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Aplus said:
2 hours seems quite insufficient with all the material that needs to be learnt.
Its actually not that hard, most of it's year 10 stuff, like Angle of elevation/depression, exact values, sine/cos rule. The main new stuff is just sec, cosec and cot, and like ratios - so shouldnt be that hard (whether you're accelerated or not).

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Are you referring to 2U or 3U trigonometry?

kayvon

--
HSC
apparently the mode for the circle geometry question is 0
so u are not lonely, many people are in the same boat
just try hard enough to get a few of those marks and ull shoot up many places

dpospination

HSC
hey derivative, yeh trig is pretty good, its pretty easy to understand, except for fundamental identities.
there are some hard questions in the textbook relating to proofs of fundamental identities!!!

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
dpospination said:
hey derivative, yeh trig is pretty good, its pretty easy to understand, except for fundamental identities.
there are some hard questions in the textbook relating to proofs of fundamental identities!!!
Yeah Fitzpatrick has some really hard examples - pretty hard compared to Coroneous and some other text books. I reckon our topic test won't be as hard though.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Whether you get Band 6 or not in Maths basically depends on how much time you work for them.

I sincerely think that Maths exams' results truly reflect how hard you worked (like many subjects).

If you really want to excel in Maths, you will have to put at least 1 hour a day for it. For example, I put 2 hours a day for them even on weekends just to understand, revise and finish questions. And sometimes they really pay off.

It seems a very simple advice, but it is the best advice anyone can give in regards to Maths studies & problems.

For more information just PM me and I will help you with more detailed advice and resources.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)