MATH123, worth it? (1 Viewer)

Flying

HSC
Hey,

I'm doing ACST101 and possibly starting an economics major. A friend has shown me the content for ACST101 and it seems quite difficult for someone like me. I did general maths in years 11 and 12 and failed nearly all the non major tests and got 69 in the HSC exam. I have always told myself that I was naturally bad at maths however I NEVER studied properly for it but could see how easy it was.

Would doing MATH123 help me complete ACST101 and economics subjects? OR will it just add more maths for me to do? That is I could be doing another easier/lighter people unit.

Thanks

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey,

I'm doing ACST101 and possibly starting an economics major. A friend has shown me the content for ACST101 and it seems quite difficult for someone like me. I did general maths in years 11 and 12 and failed nearly all the non major tests and got 69 in the HSC exam. I have always told myself that I was naturally bad at maths however I NEVER studied properly for it but could see how easy it was.

Would doing MATH123 help me complete ACST101 and economics subjects? OR will it just add more maths for me to do? That is I could be doing another easier/lighter people unit.

Thanks
I was in a similar case to you, I went with very little maths knowledge as I only did 2U and did end up getting a poor mark.

I highly recommend MATHS123 since it's a planet unit also, so you won't be wasting any time for your degree.

M

MadhuM93

Im the exact same! always hated maths and got 69 in general maths hsc so i have to do ACST101 as well. Have you done MATHS123 by now? If so how was it?

Andrewneedsahsc

HSC
I choose to do ECON131 and STAT170 before I study ACST101 in semester 2 for this year.

Flying

HSC
Im the exact same! always hated maths and got 69 in general maths hsc so i have to do ACST101 as well. Have you done MATHS123 by now? If so how was it?
Finally get replies, but it's too late.

No I did not choose it as a people/planet unit. I would rather do a humanities than more maths on top of ACST101.

Flying

HSC
I recommend just studying very hard and going to the numeracy centre. That's all it takes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)