Mathematics Advanced Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
Haven't seen any threads on this and I'm curious about what people are thinking, thus, I have created it 😌

I saw the HSC Paper last year and it was pretty nice imo. Do people reckon it'll be easier, similar or harder than the past years?

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
Does NESA tend to try to keep an even spread of topics for the questions in the exam?

From the Trial Papers I've done, some contain more of one topic and barely anything of another. For example, one paper will have a bunch of integration and very little bivariate data, and another paper will have a bunch of GP/AP and very little trigonometry ;-;

I have better odds if it's an even spread >:c

Reactions: wfj

nas3

HSC
Anyone have any predictions for HSC Maths Advanced 2023?

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
It will be one of two situations:
1) I'm stressing out now and the exam is actually really easy / nice.
2) I'm stressing out now with good reason because the exam will be straight from a horror movie about students failing their exams ;-;

If it's not obvious, I'm betting on situation 2 😭

HSC
I'm just about able to do most of the maths adv HSC exams from the new syllabus without requiring help, except the last question of the 2021 paper.
How does everyone else find the question??

apparently the overall knowledge you require is E(x)=1 ,and E(X)= E(xP(X=x))

Edit: the thing i dont understand is how for every value of x, xP(X=x) = (r^n+1) like it works for the first and last values but i dont see how it works for all the values between r and r^n

Attachments

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
I'm just about able to do most of the maths adv HSC exams from the new syllabus without requiring help, except the last question of the 2021 paper.
How does everyone else find the question??

apparently the overall knowledge you require is E(x)=1 ,and E(X)= E(xP(X=x))

Edit: the thing i dont understand is how for every value of x, xP(X=x) = (r^n+1) like it works for the first and last values but i dont see how it works for all the values between r and r^n
Only three words... hated that question...

HSC
The sum of all probabilities (all the stuff in the second row) = 1, so r + r^2 + r^3 + .... + r^(n-2) + r^(n-1) + r^n = 1

Since each term in the series is going up by r, this would be a geometric series and you can use the formula for GP sum:

r(r^n - 1) / (r - 1) = 1 -> simplifying and cleaning this up gives r^(n+1) = 2r - 1

Then we find E(X):

E(X) = r(r^n) + r^2(r^(n-1)) + r^3(r^(n-1)) + ... + r^n(r)

E(X) = r^(n+1) + r^(n+1) + r^(n+1) + r^(n+1) + ... + r^(n+1)

Since you are adding this n times, we can say E(X) = n * r^(n+1)

However we just found what r^n+1 is, it's 2r - 1 so E(X) = n(2r-1).
This is what i got but i should of clarified that i dont know how (r^2)(r^n-1)= r^n+1 doesnt it equal r^(2n-2)

Rattlehead15

HSC
I know "everything" but personally, it's reassuring to know (or have some sort of idea) what topics will be included and in what quantities 😭
Idk but while doing past papers and trials I've noticed the HSC exams have next to no graph statistics, like pareto charts and box plots. Unless 2022 did, I havent done that one yet. Also surprising amounts of year 11 content

mollie.rc

HSC
have you guys done the cricket question from the 2020 hsc? i heard everyone hated it that year and i see why as it is 5 marks unguided and confusing where to start. but for me the solution does make sense which is good, at first it was so bad tho

C_master

HSC
THE ENGLISH ADVANCED HSC PAPER WAS HARD 😭 and Im only in year 10!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)