Mathematics Extension 1 Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
The question also said "or otherwise"

You just gave an "otherwise" method. Don't know if they would award full marks for it. They should though.

The otherwise method is much easier too.
So if you wrote it out in full it would be

Last edited:

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
2023 was a little easier than 2022 sorry to upset everyone
imo i disagree
q14 this year felt much more inaccessible than last year
might be due to exam stress but i did much worse in this exam than last years q14 where i got 9-10/15. the vector q much easier, projectile much easier to gain marks, the 4 marker differential equation was literally just free marks. so yeah. (binomial was hard tho i got 0/4 lol)

FreesiaGaul

HSC
imo i think they are on par but i failed both exams soo i cant say much more xD
I would have (just slightly) preferred 2022, because
imo i disagree
q14 this year felt much more inaccessible than last year
might be due to exam stress but i did much worse in this exam than last years q14 where i got 9-10/15. the vector q much easier, projectile much easier to gain marks, the 4 marker differential equation was literally just free marks. so yeah. (binomial was hard tho i got 0/4 lol)
I do agree. In 2022 there were quite a few more fragmented questions that you could scoop up marks on, and with enough panning for gold on the harder questions, you could crank out some marks. With q-14 on this year, if you didn’t have an initial suspicion of where to go it became much harder to pick up what was going on, which is not good when it is in 2-3 parts.

I can not be certain though, that’s just how I see it.

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
I would have (just slightly) preferred 2022, because

I do agree. In 2022 there were quite a few more fragmented questions that you could scoop up marks on, and with enough panning for gold on the harder questions, you could crank out some marks. With q-14 on this year, if you didn’t have an initial suspicion of where to go it became much harder to pick up what was going on, which is not good when it is in 2-3 parts.

I can not be certain though, that’s just how I see it.
lets just hope the e4 cut off is 20/70 to save all of us

notme123

HSC
question 14 last year was just hell with that vector proof, projectile and stats qs. this year it was way more approachable

scaryshark09

HSC
question 14 last year was just hell with that vector proof, projectile and stats qs. this year it was way more approachable
imo the intgration, and projectile you could easily get 4/4 and 3/4
and the vector one you could get like 1/3

scaryshark09

HSC
half of it is exam pressure, most people do worse in actual exams

TankKuno

HSC
This is only really true for the top students, average students will find q13 far more inaccessible this year, and although q14 is slightly easier that does not have much effect for most of the state
im a failrue then :(

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
projectile last year was basic af to get 2 marks u just needed to find max range. guess what RANGE was literally stated in the question so obv u gonna do that. then its a collision questions U obv equate the things to get another mark. easy 3/4
The 4 marker diff eqn is easy if u found that hard then just idk what to say
that vector question was literally so easy it just a dumbed down version of 4u triangle inequality (atleast thats how i approached it)
binomial was hard but tbh i learnt it like just before so it probably easier to just waffle and gain something.

AAArated

HSC
This is only really true for the top students, average students will find q13 far more inaccessible this year, and although q14 is slightly easier that does not have much effect for most of the state
lets be honest here 2023 students have biased opinions notice how all the grads have said 2022 was significantly harder the reason for that is because you guys want better scaling so you are being delusional. HEre I am trying to help you out of your delusion but you are resisting. Stop resisting. IT's ok! Getting a band 5 in X1 maths isnt the end of the world

WeiWeiMan

HSC
Wasn’t q14 the hardest?
13a wasn’t that bad and ig the later parts of 13b were bad but 14CII bro

TankKuno

HSC
lets be honest here 2023 students have biased opinions notice how all the grads have said 2022 was significantly harder the reason for that is because you guys want better scaling so you are being delusional. HEre I am trying to help you out of your delusion but you are resisting. Stop resisting. IT's ok! Getting a band 5 in X1 maths isnt the end of the world
what are u on lmfaoo

notme123

HSC
14 a was easy if youve done past papers and seen it, 14 b i) everyone wouldve gotten, 14 b ii) the hard part is knowing to use double roots but thats pretty clear after realising it needs one real solution. 14 c i) ill say is a little hard but theres a really smooth method for it that only requires a few lines that involves using cos(pi/2 - theta) = sin(theta) c ii) an attempt can be made without doing part i)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)