Mathematics Extension 1 Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

carrotsss

HSC
Has anyone got the solutions for the paper

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
imo i disagree
q14 this year felt much more inaccessible than last year
might be due to exam stress but i did much worse in this exam than last years q14 where i got 9-10/15. the vector q much easier, projectile much easier to gain marks, the 4 marker differential equation was literally just free marks. so yeah. (binomial was hard tho i got 0/4 lol)
I agree with this
tf are you smoking little boy if you did 2022 you would have pissed your pants stop coping
he's right

25jduncan

HSC
Hey wondering for question 12e - the volume one, is it an appropriate method to find integral from 4 to 12 of f(y)^2 (Normal volume of revolution), then add the volume of a cylinder with height 10 and radius 4? Surely. ik im just overthinking but i bombed that exam

Johnn0

HSC
N/A
Hey wondering for question 12e - the volume one, is it an appropriate method to find integral from 4 to 12 of f(y)^2 (Normal volume of revolution), then add the volume of a cylinder with height 10 and radius 4? Surely. ik im just overthinking but i bombed that exam
Sounds right to me

Luukas.2

HSC
Yes, and it should give you the answer cubic units.

notme123

HSC
for 16 c i), the non-otherwise approach is to create a vector perpendicular to B called C = (b2, -b1).
area OAB = 1/2 * |OA||OB|sin(<AOB) = 1/2 * |OA||OB|cos(90 - <AOB) = 1/2 * |OA||OC|cos(<COA) = 1/2(OA . OC) = 1/2(a1b2 - a2b1)
since |OB| = |OC|

pretty sure this is the simplest you can get.

HSC
3u maths is not real

my past papers did not prepare me for that wtf... i was consistently 60+ for all past hsc papers and for this years test I feel like I absolutely bombed it. Usually q11,12,13 are a breeze, and I can get at least half of q14. This years i lost marks in question 12,13, and didn't get the majority of q14.

Was hoping for a 96/97, now its looking more like a 92💀

pls tell me im not the only one...otherwise im crying 😭

hehe43

HSC
3u maths is not real

my past papers did not prepare me for that wtf... i was consistently 60+ for all past hsc papers and for this years test I feel like I absolutely bombed it. Usually q11,12,13 are a breeze, and I can get at least half of q14. This years i lost marks in question 12,13, and didn't get the majority of q14.

Was hoping for a 96/97, now its looking more like a 92💀

pls tell me im not the only one...otherwise im crying 😭
Istg the people on this website are some of the most insufferable shitheads I've come across. "I'm gonna cry bc i might get 92 in a course I've finished". 💀💀💀

becoming_potato

HSC
I was wondering, with the volume question, I forgot to take in account the cylinder base, but I calculated the volume correctly otherwise. Would I more likely be deducted 1 or 2 marks?

Also, as just a brain dump, I’m optimistically looking at about a 63/70, which granted, is not as high as I wanted to achieve, but considering how difficult the paper was, I feel alright in the end, and I hope scaling will push me to 96/97 if I’m lucky. 3 more exams for me!

Aminza21

HSC
Radius -10 and height 4… about the y axis. Made this mistake in the exam rip

notme123

HSC
for 16 c i), the non-otherwise approach is to create a vector perpendicular to B called C = (b2, -b1).
area OAB = 1/2 * |OA||OB|sin(<AOB) = 1/2 * |OA||OB|cos(90 - <AOB) = 1/2 * |OA||OC|cos(<COA) = 1/2(OA . OC) = 1/2(a1b2 - a2b1)
since |OB| = |OC|

pretty sure this is the simplest you can get.
^^^^

i haven't seen a single set of solutions that uses the actual intended method without projections

epicmaths

HSC
N/A
@notme123 User Luukas and I ended up with something similar, but maybe not as concise. A lot of cool otherwise solutions in the other thread though!

I bet hey are going to be generous and award 1/3 mark for writing the area of a triangle formula!

I feel the exam had a reasonable gradient of difficulty - a non-ext2 student should be satisfied with comfortably getting through Q11-12, then wading through the wordy and pronumeral bloated Q13 and playing substitution games. Marks in Q14 will be sparse because each question really targets a sophisticated understanding of something niche in the syllabus, still well within the syllabus though!

Hoping and praying E4 around low 50s.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Istg the people on this website are some of the most insufferable shitheads I've come across. "I'm gonna cry bc i might get 92 in a course I've finished". 💀💀💀
depends.

Imagine if you spent your whole 2 years dedicating everything to a subject, uve stopped going out with friends, uve not been eating dinner for the past 5 months, ur legit on 1 hp and uve been 100ing everything etc. etc. basically sweated near to death. id be pissed to get 92 then lmao.

of course id never do this bc my degree didnt require it + i like enjoying life :D (unlike some ppl @temporarylol)

notme123

HSC
@notme123
I feel the exam had a reasonable gradient of difficulty - a non-ext2 student should be satisfied with comfortably getting through Q11-12, then wading through the wordy and pronumeral bloated Q13 and playing substitution games. Marks in Q14 will be sparse because each question really targets a sophisticated understanding of something niche in the syllabus, still well within the syllabus though!
youre quite the wordsmith. nicely put

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)