Mathematics (1 Viewer)

bogert

HSC
How many of you hates Mathematics like I do.. :p

mirakon

nigga
HSC
mathematics is a fantastic subject, and probably one of my favourites in school. I'm not joking when I say I actually miss it now that school's over

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I will say that I enjoy mathematics because of the feeling you get when you complete a really difficult problem. The reaction is priceless :D.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I will say that I enjoy mathematics because of the feeling you get when you complete a really difficult problem. The reaction is priceless :D.
Like saying "YES!" for 10 minutes:

[youtube]N3zsXHQZvEs[/youtube]

?

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
But seriously, that.
For me, the other reason I like it is fact that it gives you the ability to reduce something incredibly complicated into something really simple and in a sense, beautiful.

dionb2014

HSC
I totally agree. The longer you spend trying to push the boundaries of your understanding and employ techniques in situations you had never before seen, the greater the satisfaction. That is what makes maths fun.

ZeeZee3

HSC
The only reason I like maths is that it has nothing to do with essay writing.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
But seriously, that.
For me, the other reason I like it is fact that it gives you the ability to reduce something incredibly complicated into something really simple and in a sense, beautiful.
It brings a tear to my eye. watching an asian do maths is poetry in motion

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Like OP I used to hate maths. But from the start of Yr 11, I wouldn't say I LOVED maths, but I developed an appreciation and started liking maths. This comes from someone who was considering not taking it. And since I started liking it, well my ranks shot up, in Yr 11 and currently in Yr 12, my ranks are up with the MX1 class.

Honestly don't shut yourself off from a subject yet, it's all about your attitude and go into the new year with a fresh outlook on your subjects. Honestly a new teacher *coughIhadtheworseYr9/10teacherbutmyYr11onewasalegend* might make all the difference

qwerty44

HSC
But seriously, that.
I agree.

"The essence of mathematics is not to make simple things complicated, but to make complicated things simple." ~S. Gudder

evanstroeve

Premium Member
HSC
"Mathematics, rightly viewed, possesses not only truth, but supreme beauty - a beauty cold and austere, like that of sculpture." Bertrand Russell

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Like OP I used to hate maths. But from the start of Yr 11, I wouldn't say I LOVED maths, but I developed an appreciation and started liking maths. This comes from someone who was considering not taking it. And since I started liking it, well my ranks shot up, in Yr 11 and currently in Yr 12, my ranks are up with the MX1 class.

Honestly don't shut yourself off from a subject yet, it's all about your attitude and go into the new year with a fresh outlook on your subjects. Honestly a new teacher *coughIhadtheworseYr9/10teacherbutmyYr11onewasalegend* might make all the difference
^True.

I had 3 different teachers for HSC and prelim maths. I had a small class in year 11 and it was really good (I actually topped one of the exams getting like 96% or something - 1st in the class), because we could all ask questions easily, it was quiet and the teacher had enough time to go to everyone. But then in year 12, people dropped to gen, so I got put in the bigger class and it was too noisy, and while the teacher did make an effort to see everyone in the lesson, time just did not permit the teacher to do so. So it was very frustrating waiting to ask for help and then the bell went off. I usually had to stay back during recess and lunches and after school (even went before school at times) to ask for help, because the lesson was just too short for that many students (around 24 students in ~55 min). (not to mentioned that most of them had tutors, and some were dicks who should of been doing general, but stayed in 2u)

So then in year 12, while I kept trying by myself and asking the teacher for help, I just started to lose interest slowly. I couldn't see any point in the topics and how they related to what I wanted to study in my future career. Even though I tried hard and still did well in my final exams, I think HSC maths was a turning point for me not to continue studying maths, unless I could see relevance in my chosen career.

That's just in my experience.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I absolutely HATE maths. I can't stand it. Why did I pick extension 2? :uhoh:

BAZINGA!

memo15

HSC
lol i really dont like maths i cant ever seem to get it ..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)