Maths 4U - Failing Percentage!!! (1 Viewer)

Infidelity

HSC
At the moment, as of 3 assessment tasks - 2 of which were easy and 1 of which was really hard, and I'm just failing. I'm yet to do my Catholic Trail.

Say I do well in the HSC and score a raw mark of 70-80+ out of 120, will I still be able to get Band E4 on my HSC Report? My assessments were relatively hard, but how will Board of Studies know this?

monstylez

HSC
If you get E4 in the HSC, then no shit your exams were hard if the submitted results were 40% internally.

You'll be fine.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
3unitz said:
E4 is around 90/120
Probably not, really?

80% (Raw) in MX1 get you about 94 aligned mark according to me121's exam paper.

I would say 60 to 70% (Raw) would get about E4.

doink

Clone
HSC
85/120 would get you e4, and its based upon your ranks internally. Is the rest of your class failing? If so then its ok, if they aren't then u have some issues. If u are mid-last you prolly wont get e4 unless u go to james ruse or some other selective school

eliseliselise

HSC
lyounamu said:
Probably not, really?

80% (Raw) in MX1 get you about 94 aligned mark according to me121's exam paper.

I would say 60 to 70% (Raw) would get about E4.
yeah ive heard roughly the same, my teacher told me to aim for 70% in the trial & id be looking at an E4.

fingers crossed i can pull it off!! well... if it werent for circle geometry, i would!! arh!

my teachers also taught kids who continually got marks < 30%, & still ended up with a mark of 70 something.

just let the scaling gods work their wonders!!

doink

Clone
HSC
Lol, the only marks in a test that matter are the ones in the hsc, you could get 1% for all your exams and still get an E4.

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
doink said:
Lol, the only marks in a test that matter are the ones in the hsc, you could get 1% for all your exams and still get an E4.
That is so not true

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
doink said:
That is a very unrealistic situation.

watzupwitdat

HSC
lol speds cant even do 4u, im getting like 90% and im in year 10. Going to james ruse bitch, average uai 99.85....

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
watzupwitdat said:
lol speds cant even do 4u, im getting like 90% and im in year 10. Going to james ruse bitch, average uai 99.85....
uai doesn't = penis size buddy.

watzupwitdat

HSC
i probably have a bigger dick than you fkn chinese asian. At least do ext 2 english if you wanna talk to me...

You guys talk about myself having a small penis when your probably insecure about your own size. Go back to general dum fuck

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
i've got to say, i've seen better trolls in my time.

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
watzupwitdat said:
i probably have a bigger dick than you fkn chinese asian. At least do ext 2 english if you wanna talk to me...

You guys talk about myself having a small penis when your probably insecure about your own size. Go back to general dum fuck
lol...someones overcompensating...

jamesboyd9

HSC
For the sake of my health, and the result of my exam tomorrow, I'm going to assume that that dude is a troll. Cause otherwise I would have a huge rage and waste a lot of time telling him how I've never met a crapper person, then become depressed about the state of the human race before getting over it and deciding to play some guitar. Angry guitar.

Don't even know what the rest of you guys are on about. I'm just gonna do my best in mah 4unit, and see what mark I get.

darkchild69

Nanotechnologist
HSC
doink said:
Nah mate, not true.

Your position relative to others will determine the mark you get for your moderated assessment mark.

Example:

These are some raw assessment marks for some school:

1. John - 93%
2. Tim - 78%
3. Joe - 69%

And these are their exam results:

1. Joe - 88%
2. Tim - 86%
3. John - 84%

The raw assessment marks are then moderated against the exam marks (Students keep the same ranking)

1. John - 88%
2. Tim - 86%
3. Joe - 84%

So even if the marks within internal assessment tasks were real low, when these low raw marks are moderated against the examination marks, they change.

If you decide to fuck up all your assessment tasks and come last in every single one but study real hard for the exam. You will keep your examination mark, but your assessment mark will be the lowest mark achieved by ANY student from your school in the examination.

Your HSC mark is then the average of these two marks

aaron1097

HSC
wow, watzupwitdat good for you that you can go 4 unit math, but have fun getting past the inerview stage for any job interview you end up going, cas no decent company is going to employee an ahsehole, and you propally wouldnt want to forget that, all your extra curicular activities, such as sport and community service count just as much as the fact you can play around with pages of numbers.<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_3653363", true); </SCRIPT><!-- Added by James for Benefactors: 11.30pm, 8 Feb 2005 -->

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)