Maths CSSA 04 POST UP (1 Viewer)

sammeh

hmmm my trial 2moro ... im not overly concerned. i missed 7 weeks of the course with illness which included the consumer arithmetic and series stuff, but its pretty basic.

now that i've said that, im going to fail. miserably. damnit, hate jinxing myself like this.

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
should have touched a piece of wood sammeh,

i missed 3 weeks of skool in there somewhere and it stuffed me up 4 a while. but i think i caught up now. i missed some stuff on logs in maths!!

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
Playing hockey for 2 and then fell a tad ill for the next week!! but i was ok. I dont suggest to anyone to miss any time at all in their HSC year!!! :)

6 subjects x 3 weeks was not the easiest of tasks!!!

kpq_sniper017

Update on superanniation question:

my teacher told my class that he believes the answer to the question is ~$90000, but according to the official solutions, the answer is ~$36000. he said that he's going to mark the papers according to his own solution of $90000, which is crap for me :(

has anyone else received any info from teachers about this question??

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Well i lost 4 marks in the exam and i really believe that that question would most likely be 2 of those 4 marks. I answered 96,000

kpq_sniper017

it looks like schools are just gonna mark the papers according to what they think...my teacher said that they haven't received any news of an alteration to the solutions from the examiners.
btw. what was that question worth? i dunno if i'll lose 1 mark or 2 (i answered 36000, but the teacher said that that's wrong). i was really going for 120/120, so it'd be kinda poor if that badly-worded question was the only thing standing in the way! ah well, at least it's only a trial...hopefully something like that won't happen in the hsc exam.

dansta

HSC
Question 9b

Here's the question:

Jordan has to pay annual installments for his superannuation at the beginning of each year according to the formula:

Mn = (1 + r/100) x Mn-1 for n > or equal to 2

where r % is the annual rate of interest paid by the fund and Mn is the installment at the beginning of the nth year.

If the interest rate is 12% p.a., compounded yearly, and Jordan's first installment is $500, find:

i) How much is his 2nd instalment
ii) Find amount Jordan has to pay into the fund at the beginning of the 20th year
iii) Find the total value of his investment after 20 years

(all three questions are worth 2 marks)

P.S. That is word for word with the exam... have fun

kpq_sniper017

thx dansta,
but damn, the real answer is $96000...lol... -1 mark for me, even though the official solutions say $36000. according to my teacher, the examiners are "a couple of young people who don't know what they're doing"....any comments??

dansta

HSC
Well i was like the only one that did $96000 in my school, i still havent got my results back and dont know if my school marked it right...

I do have the rest of the exam...

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I honestly believe that teachers should give either answer correct. Ill be sure to argue that point to my teacher

raymes

HSC
ill post the paper later this week, work-load permitting...and when certain individuals have finished their trials

Last edited:

kpq_sniper017

acmilan1987 said:
I honestly believe that teachers should give either answer correct. Ill be sure to argue that point to my teacher
it's hard to say...
since i put $36000 and my teacher's marking me wrong, i'd have to agree with what ur saying. but then again...it's really up to the examiners to fax an amendment to the schools involved, but if i lose a mark i'll accept it - i'm not gonna protest, since i'm actually wrong.

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
coroneos said:
$96000 is correct $36000 is incorrect.
coroneos thats about the 3rd time you have said that... but thanx 4 the reinforcement on the correct answer!! and you post count is booming ;)!!

was one of only 4 people that passed in my class for the trial!! but dont no my mark yet, bit scared now!! ekk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)