Maths Ext 1 - General thoughts on the exam (1 Viewer)

Lauren_Melrose

~Lauren~
HSC
One word: terrible. Compared to last years paper it so was so much worse.. I hope I'm not the only one who found it difficult.

mooskey56

HSC
well seeing as though im coming last in my class and could manage to get out sum of the 'show that....' questions in 5,6 and 7, im feeling better about it then i did before i went in. ive never got out of the 30's in a test for extension one yet but im feeling a bit more confident on this one. hopefully get into the 40's. yaaaay haha. dam im smart....

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Sorry Lauren, I found it reall really easy. Sure to get at least 95%. I finished it with 30 minutes to spare.

Joking.
I found it really straightforward but time was at it again. The projectile questions and q7 were hard and took a lot ok time so I had to skip questions.

q1-5 were o.k

Riviet

HSC
N/A
It was hard. I felt like crap at the end of the exam, but seem to have done better after looking over what I attempted.

Sarz44

HSC
i thought it was horrible as well. i am going to do so shit in it. i thought that the first few questions had more difficult content then the last few years. It is over now. no point stressing over it. Only one more to go. Ive got a 9 day wait though. ARGH.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
lol.. i didn't find it too hard. :S

sure some questions were crap [like q6 n 7]
but overall it was a nice paper. im expecting 80%+ raw i hope. lol
seeing as i did most of the questions.. ^.^

i probably would have been better off with more study. lol [[ the exam, i rekkon, was easier than last years]]

well tht's my opinion~~

simonj2

hero
HSC
i found it shocking... shocking... i didn't answer any of question 6 :) but questions 1-5 i did ok in, question 7 was shocking too... overall aiming for around about 50% raw.. what do you think that'll scale to given the difficulty of this exam?

lisraeli

HSC
Very hard. I think I'll lose about 10-12 marks which sucks because I aws hoping for > 80/84. Lame... needed 20 more mins! damn those people that "need" special provisions...get 20 mins more...

kesh

HSC
1-5 not that difficult except couldnt get the induction question sorted n didnt do bout 15 marks worth from 6 n 7, soo crap:(

Guernica

HSC
sooo horrible...

1-4 were ok.. 5 was harder.. 6 and 7 = death. 6 was worse than 7 in my opinion.. i actually got some of 7 out but barely any of 6.

the only way i can pass is if i get a generous marker who gives me some marks for my rambling.

Sober

HSC
I thought it was quite tricky.

Q4(ii), did anybody else get -a2 ? The way they worded the question I was expecting to be able to find a number, not in terms of a.
edit: dam, just realised that it should be 0.

Maltesers

HSC
i walked into the exam room with confidence that i'll do well, and all went well until i reached question 6 -.-". i managed most of question 7 .. and some questions were difficult, like the projectile, induction. i walked out feeling crap, and i wasn't the only one .. everyone found it difficult, alot harder than last years paper.

@sober, i got 0 for that part =s .. i probably got it wrong then =[

Last edited:

serena99

HSC
while i was in the exam i was thinking wow i am going to ace this... but then i hit question 6 and it took a little longer than expected and then i pretty much ran out of time and only did about a quarter of the last two questions. so i'm kind of annoyed you see as i also left out a few things earlier on that i could have managed. so maybe i'll get like 70% raw. hope bos thinks its hard and they allign the marks much higher. do you reckon i'm pushing it to hope for band E4? probably i am, i probably get E3 i dont know.

Tikkki

HSC
far out..that paper was so much harder than the previous years..i was sittin there for questions 6 and 7 goin "wot the hell?"

the induction and projectile had a lot of knowing the rules kind of thingz, not reali solving was the issue...

im hopin 2 just pass this..but im not sure :(

MUR0031

Papa- Smurph
HSC
I thought it was ok, but time surely got the better of me. I thought there was heaps of working out needed for the proofs. Oh well, no more maths for this year!!!

Good luck for all the rest of your exams.

Xachro

HSC
I managed to do about 50% of the paper, which is good for me. In trials I got 30% of the paper correct. I really liked Question 7 but didnt get the chance to finish it due to time. Should have done it earlier.

tarsus

Dead Apostle
HSC
Much fucking harder than anticipated. I haven't sworn that fucking much over a test for my entire fucking life (over question 5 [starting from induction]-7). The induction question wasted soo much of my time. So labourious. >:\

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)