Maths Ext 1 - General thoughts on the exam (1 Viewer)

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
Just ignore him guys, you can do that in your user control panel. (probably he is just a troll account from people who has done HSC). Back to the topic.

I am glad most people find this exam relatively difficult, because being in a small school, I can't compare much with my classmates. Just one more word, you will be surprised when the result come out.:D

easyway

HSC
N/A
I agree with u louie
the exam wasn't that hard i dont know y people complaining bout
q6 it was relatively straight forward. probably got bout 81/84..
cause im not sure bout 1 e) i got -16 and +16.
Didn't study for 3unit at all till after 4unit but crammed hard.
lucky exam was easy

rachunara

HSC
rafter88 said:
ok there really is something wrong with you....another observation for u....employers look for personalities AS WELL as brains....a UAI of 100 aint gonna help u do anything if all you know how to do is study mate, and from your comments it looks like thats all you can do...wat u gonna do for the next 3 months? while we are celebrating. Probably sit in ur room and cry cos the HSC is over. Theres only one word for u. SAD.
yes i agree with u, this guy campersdemise obviously knows nothing. how ironic considering he studies 12 hours a day

un 1

HSC
N/A
wat an easy exam. Band 6 is easy. I reckon i''l kill it with 83/84. Ext 1 is too easy compared to the 2 unit one i did.

ajx

HSC
N/A
The exam was sssooooooooooooooo easy and shit and crap 83/84 minimum, 2U was much more difficult

vnblueberry

HSC
20-30% AWESOMEEE :rofl:
that was probably the most insane test ive seen
1) no division of interval
2) no tan Q acute angle ...
the two easiest things in the world to do, asked in every single paper
except for this years ...
3) couldnt even get the first step for induction

to all those that are reliant on this test .. badluck :rofl:

wustar

HSC
shsshs said:
very happy with a performance!
84/84 at the moment
i deduced all the 'show' questions
only a few doubts::

for 1e i got 16,-16
3c(ii) i got 320
and q4(a )(ii) and (iii) not completely sure i got it rite
3cii i got 325

5P1 + 5P2 + 5P3 + 5P4 + 5P5
= 5 + 20 + 60 + 120 + 120
= 325

Benmc

HSC
I'm 99% sure i failed. I think i got abour 42%....
What does that get scaled up to? E1???? LOL

Thank god i do 12 units.

desert fox

HSC
wustar said:
3cii i got 325

5P1 + 5P2 + 5P3 + 5P4 + 5P5
= 5 + 20 + 60 + 120 + 120
= 325
sorry but the tower had to be of at least two blocks... hence 5P1 is eliminated

i got 320

Cabrello

HSC
I'm a freak, I think. I was goign through the paper, first 4 qns thinking wtf I know none of this. Granted this was always going to be my spare unit and i haven't taken it seriously, not that i've taken much seriously.

but when I got round to 4,5,6 I was like hammering them. I saw those questions and barring the induction I was really happy with them. Spent most of my time on the last three before going back and filling in the blanks...I got the first one wrong...something...for some reason i came up with a 7^3 in there - which is why I genereally stick to my histories and will end up with only an arts degree.

I mean like I know I'm going to end up failing coz I just didn't do the first half of it, but I don't really mind that much.

I agree with a lot fo u that its one of the harder ones that we've done, but I thought the same about 2U which some people tell me was easy as anything - I suppose its just that when ur in there the atmosphere kind of kills ur confidence

intense jono said:
this just sums up my theory, the HSC is all about the amount of time you put into studying. "wow" you just studied 12hrs a day... good to see you making the most of your life! ha! in this case you're the n00b with ur shithouse/pointless life you live doing 12hrs a day!! well have fun studying your whole life!
I agree with that entirely. I started out doing that much and being entirely dedicated because I wanted to get into law at USYD, but it was killing me and really you become a bland, personalityless drone if u do that much like that prick. I've settled on doing an extra year in university and graduate law. People can get to the same place as you, in a little more relaxed than 12 hours a day way and probably a lot more humble then u are campersdude...that being said though as I read that I didn't think he was being serious... probably just my wishful thinking that nobody would have so little tact and common sense. call a spade a spade if you want, but let ppl lick their wounds and don't add to their stress right now

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
It was alright overall. I'm glad it didn't have any questions on series applications of money payments or else I would have been screwed....
After the first 5 questions I was like "hmmm...this is pretty easy"....until that bloody projectile motion question came along....and then Question 6 was a bitch.
I expected Question 7 to be very nasty, but it turned out alright, although the differentiation was annoying to handle. Having a product rule within a quotient rule gave me such a big mess to handle and simplify. I breathed a sigh a relief after finally getting that damn thing simplified correctly....lol
Assuming no silly mistakes (hopefully), raw mark would be about 78-79/84, but it'll probably be something more like 73-75/84 in the end.....and hopefully that will become a mark above 95.
In my opinion, this exam was harder (to a certain extent) than last year's paper. Last year's paper was such a breeze (probably the easiest HSC paper I ever encountered). Though in contrast, last year's Extension 2 was way harder than this year's. Keeping in mind that I'm outside the top 10 for Extension 1 at school and well inside the top 5 for Extension 2...LoL

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
It was an OK paper, though a bit more difficult than previous years. I lost around 8 odd marks through 6 and 7, with the probability and the projectile motion. Still, pretty confident with everything else.

Just two more to go...

I_F

niknik610

HSC
OMG....THAT WAS SUCH A BAD EXAM MAN!!!!

seriously.......what the helll?!?!?!?!!?!?!

and it was SO DAMN LONG......

QUESTION 6+7...OMG I JUST WANA TEAR THE PAPER APART

the first few were alrite...but question 5 onwards....was DLKSAFJDLKSFD;FDALKJ

I !!!! HATE!!!!!! IT !!!!!!!!

Lukas1

HSC
This was definately the hardest 3 unit exam I've done, although I found 7 slightly easier than 6 - in that the algebra was so hard in 6! Compared to last year's paper this was uber uber hard. Questions 1-5 (excluding the induction, which I didn't manage to get, although I have now...) were fine - a few stupid errors of course, but 6 and 7 were very tough.

CheekyPunk

HSC
desert fox said:
sorry but the tower had to be of at least two blocks... hence 5P1 is eliminated

i got 320
See, that doesnt test maths skills, it tests reading skills -____-

pist_pete

HSC
so frikken hard....fail for sure thank god its not going to count

Lukas1

HSC
This was definately the hardest 3 unit exam I've done, although I found 7 slightly easier than 6 - in that the algebra was so hard in 6! Compared to last year's paper this was uber uber hard. Questions 1-5 (excluding the induction, which I didn't manage to get, although I have now...) were fine - a few stupid errors of course, but 6 and 7 were very tough. Came out with a bad feeling...

Dropdeadbored

HSC
crap crap crap, die die die

usually do well, but a lot of those questions were sooo terrible looking it wasnt worth the 20minutes it would've took to fudge the one or two marks it was worth

would like so much to say yay i never have to do that again, but sorry folks there's a high chance i'll be an engineer or something else using lots o maths.

ah well, at least whatever i get will be scaled up to make me feel better

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)