• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Maths Ext 1 (2 Viewers)

So Which one do you prefer? Please also comment.

• Cambridge Ext Maths

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • Maths in FOcus Ext

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Terry Lee Ext Maths

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Fitzpatric Ext Maths

Votes: 12 21.8%

• Total voters

hit patel

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks guys for your help. But I still havent receive the perfect answer I was hoping for . Please give more details.
Thanks

Ikki

HSC
Dude, the best is Cambridge as it allows you to understand the concept quite clearly as well as giving challenging questions. Straight after is Fitzpatrick with awesome hard ass questions. Maths in focus is a bit too easy and cheesy. Terry lee, never tried it.

mac1996

HSC
for prelims
I recommend doing maths in focus and then u shouldn't have trouble getting at least 85+
when it comes to exams if you want to go very well, start picking out hard questions from cambridge

for hsc, what im doing now is every single question in both cambridge and maths in focus textbooks

Runningup

HSC
N/A
In my opinion

Focus is good for learning content if you havnt learnt a topic yet, but fitzpatrick is good for practice questions.

For maths all you really gotta do is learn your content and do past papers last month or two easy band 6.

iBibah

HSC
for prelims
I recommend doing maths in focus and then u shouldn't have trouble getting at least 85+
when it comes to exams if you want to go very well, start picking out hard questions from cambridge

for hsc, what im doing now is every single question in both cambridge and maths in focus textbooks
imo a waste of time. As soon as you get your head around a concept, past paper questions is the way to go.

asdfghjklmz

HSC
My school uses Maths in focus, it's good for starting the topic but once you know what you're doing then it's completely rubbish. The questions are easy, but if you want revision then the test yourself and challenge exercises are pretty good
I use Cambridge as well, it starts off easy but gradually it gets to the point where I literally give up lol, but still a good book! Some of the preliminary stuff is also in the hsc book and vice versa.
Terry Lee - has solutions at the back, don't own it but I've looked through it and it seems pretty good
Fitzpatrick - if you use this book combined with Cambridge then you're set, you can possibly ace a test? Idk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)