Maths Ext 2 - General thoughts on the exam (1 Viewer)

P

pLuvia

Re: Maths EE2 - General thoughts on the exam

Did about 96/120, missed out a +C in one of the integration questions :mad:. Pretty good test

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC

It seemed like a relatively easy paper. I was pretty happy with it overall. A few dumb errors here or there, but oh well. :)

I_F

haque

HSC

Finished with about 45 minutes to go-that was a joke, q678 should have been harder-then again i think i stuffed up the probqability so hopefully 117-i checked the rest

toadstooltown

1337 }{4><
HSC
N/A

I thought the exam was *so* much easier than the ones I'd practiced. That said I did screw up the circle geometry, induction, 6a) triangle part v and didn't even attempted 8bii) onwards.

Counting up my marks I think I'll've just broken 100/120. The only person in my class who gets around 40% max could do all of q8! Maybe our teacher jsut focused on certain aspects and they happened to be in the exam. I spent so much time learning complex vector proofs ect for q8 and not a single one :(

roosterssuck

HSC

that test was comparatively easy, but i still fucked it :(

H

housemouse

haque said:
Finished with about 45 minutes to go-that was a joke, q678 should have been harder-then again i think i stuffed up the probqability so hopefully 117-i checked the rest
Are you going to be top of the state?

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC

housemouse said:
Him or vafa from Bored of Studies perspective.

As for me, this is a fair test, made to capacitate all students in Math Extension 2. Though I won't argue that this year there are more textbook style questions. So, if you have studied your past papers (I didn't) and your textbook (I didn't too - note that I wasn't regretting, it's all just plain fun), then you should nail 100 easily.

XrealEmotion

HSC

housemouse said:
heard some guy from ruse did accelerated 4u last year and got 110+
and hes doing it again this year...so im guessing that guy will top?

H

housemouse

wow!!
Well, the test seemed alright and the questions suited me quite well however I dont think i nailed the exam. Just didnt haev enough time

Qgurl4u

HSC

the paper seemd easy, although im not the best person 2 say that since i never got over 25% for my skool assessments...so yea..im really fucked............and readin over everyone else's comments depresses me....sighs...

switchfootfan

HSC

wasnt the best thing ive ever done, got about half marks for most of the questions and i worked out that i answered 58% of the paper which is 70 out of 120. im hoping for a 50% mark. i reckon that was one of the hardest tests we have seen in a while and i seriously doubt if anyone is going to get full marks for it. got half marks for the propability, circle geometry and variable gravity questions and i left most of question 8. that complex ellipse through me and i work out how to do it afterwards (upset cause so easy).......

misdreavous

Counterbalance
HSC

wow......rumours spread and grow......
no, the guy who accelerated is not doing maths this year.......in fact he only did 6 units this year....(after dropping eco)

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC

i answered about 65% of the paper, managed to get the polynomials and circle geometry which was good.

had no idea about the complex number ellipse thing, the probability and everything after question 7b)

just curious - in question 1e), why did u have to show that the answer was (1/2)log3 not (1/2)loge3? was it a mistake or something or am i just stupid:)?

edit: also, in 4d) how did you show that the shape was a parallelogram? I got the rest of the question but had no idea how to do that one...

Last edited:

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC

ianc said:
just curious - in question 1e), why did u have to show that the answer was (1/2)log3 not (1/2)loge3? was it a mistake or something or am i just stupid:)?

edit: also, in 4d) how did you show that the shape was a parallelogram? I got the rest of the question but had no idea how to do that one...
1.(e) Yeah, I think it is a mistake, but not a big one.
4.(d) I just said because the four points are on a circle, they are cyclic quadrilateral and have such and such properties then you stated rules for parallelogram. It's only 1 mark, and lucky you because I didn't get time to finish the next part of the questions...:( (Come back questions with a minute or so left)

danio33

HSC

yankyfly said:
that was the hardest thing i have done in my life! I coulnd't focus...

i gotted fucking owned in question 1. i couldn;t even get 1a) out. and then i was on the backfoot...

I without a doubt failed that test.

Lets say i got 50%. what sort of HSC mark am i looking at?

I feel your pain....the very first question on the paper and I was already stuck. Was even worse cause everyone else managed to get it. Man that was hard, I barely answered 7 and 8, and that damm circle geometry question chewed up so much time and i still couldnt get it. Im hoping for 60% max. but once you minus stupid mistakes its bound to be much worse.

At least its over forever I guess

CheekyPunk

HSC

well, i think the exam was pretty easy, regardless, i dont think i will do that well.

i think i got all the integration, and all of the complex cept for that stupid ellipse one. didn't study that... was hoping for an easier locus than that.

stuffed 4a with a silly mistake about the product of the roots.
didnt bother thinking about 4d, cause circles are hard if you dont see it straight away

q5 b, mucked up the sums to products. almost got it, but stopped and tried something else -_-

q6 was pretty easy

7-8 was runing out of time, so tried to scab a few marks from the 'hence' questions. those two are the ones that are gonna pull my mark all the way down. *sigh*

And that accelerated 4u guy, you talking about graeme white? i once saw him on the train station catching my line... wanted to touch him and take some of his maths power.... maybe i should have.

overall, a do-able exam, i just ran out of time.

haque

HSC

That Ruse guy ur talking about is Graham White, he's not doing 4U this year(why would u repeat after ripping it up last year?)-but i reckon it's gonna be the duxes of maths at either sydney grammer or sydney boys this year-they both did quite well in the olympiads and i agree with LottoX that someone will get 120 this year-i'll be happy with a top 10(fingers crossed) cos my main aim was to get a good UAI and not necessarily rip up maths

Last edited:

pesila

HSC

I thought it was a pretty easy exam. I'm not quite at the standard of Gods like Vafa and Haque, but I think that as long as I didn't make silly mistakes in non-proof questions and my working is coherent enough, I should get a bit above 110. Yeah I felt the first few sections were harder than usual but the last few were relatively straight forward. I'd put it up there with some of the easiest papers I've done in Extension 2. Easiest or second easiest.. Man I missed like up to 4 marks in question 8 and I can see them so clearly as soon as I look at it. A very minor misuse of formula and lack of thinking. I didn't get much sleep last night though. Anyone else have trouble sleeping?

But yeah a pretty easy exam as far as 4 unit. Hoping I'll scale to 99 or something. Anyway, for all who didn't like it, it's over now.

damnhsc2006

HSC

only relief is the fact that i have finished stupid 4 unit...no more complex, no more mechanics in my life......it was an easy exam compared to other years, but still, i did it crap. (crying)

I just hope that i will get higher than 80's.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)