Maths Extension 2 Trial Exam thoughts- 2008 (1 Viewer)

conics2008

HSC
I heard it will be next year.. something like conics will be out.. i dont know.. it doesn't bother me really .. xD

shaon0

HSC
conics2008 said:
I heard it will be next year.. something like conics will be out.. i dont know.. it doesn't bother me really .. xD
Yeah thats what i heard to...i saw the draft syllabus and they put in modelling of derivatives instead of conics.
but i don't know when they will implement it. hopefully next year as i hate geometry.

proringz

HSC
Sandchairs said:
lool im sitting a watered down CSSA paper... we havent done harder 3unit yet...
only 7 questions for 3 hours
lol, exactly same for us

dickbutton

HSC
Tomorrow is the day of reckoning people. Get ready for a real kick in the testicles tomorrow morning at 9.25. I hate CSSA

tambourine

HSC
ok i think i passed the trial but i don't think i did great...i am so frustrated coz some of the questions i had done in class and i couldn't do them today :(
the integration questions were soooooooo familiar coz i did like 1000 of them yesterday :)
question 7 and 8 were extremely hard...
overall...ummmm it was ok? lol
anyone else??

natblank

HSC
i hated this paper, cus i found it was so 3unit based (and i havnt revised it yet cus its only next week), and also i dnt kno bout everyone else, but i found that there was like double of everything like 2 full conics questions, 2 full motion questions, 2 (or 3?) volumes questions.. and like almost eveykind of hard 3 unit question (circle geometry, induction AND inequalities). so since there as so much stuff it was frustrating cus most things were only pretty much worth 1, 2 and 3 marks. (im not sure which questions u guys had/didnt have regarding what questions were added and subtracted by each school) but pretty much that was my test... eeek!

SnapX

HSC
Im confident with about 70% in the cssa trial, the first half of the paper was preety good, but 5 and 6 had some hard bits and 7 and 8 were death, especially the inequality in 8

dickbutton

HSC
That was a very weird/disgusting exam. Maybe a good mark if we had about 5 hours to actually think. So many small mark questions is hell for the mind. Lucky with 50%

vds700

HSC
I found comlpex, integration and mechanics ok, just harder 3 unti q's in 7 and 8 were killers. Im hoping for around 70%

proringz

HSC
It seemed alright compared to previous year's exams although I didn't have to do q.8.

miche11e

HSC
when i opened the paper i felt like cheering cos i thought "good! it will be like an HSC exam and their generally heaps better than the CSSA trials ive done" ao i was going well till i hit about q4 and then i hated the circle q but i kept going then that volumes q was a bitch. then q5 and the first half of q 6 were good but then i just stopped. it was like stalemate! i still had an hour or something to go but i just couldnt do it cos im no good with mechanics or harder 3u.... i also hated how all the qus were like 1 markers or 2 markers....

id be happy with 55 - 60% - just as long as i pass

man i hope i feel better after the HSC exam lol

u-borat

Banned
HSC
own paper...would be happy with 80+, meh if 70+.

should stay 2nd after this exam, which is aight.

madd-eh?

Super Member.
HSC
that was the hardest test i've ever done.
how ridiculous.
they should of given us 3 days not 3 hours

Arowana21

HSC
N/A
madd-eh? said:
that was the hardest test i've ever done.
how ridiculous.
they should of given us 3 days not 3 hours
Hey, i will be doing the trial this week. Are there any tips you can give me?
Also can you briefly tell me the questions that were in the exam, as much as you can?

Thanx a lot. However i am not sure whether my school uses Neap or CSSA papers

vds700

HSC
Arowana21 said:
Also can you briefly tell me the questions that were in the exam, as much as you can?
No. It's cheating and would give u an unfair advantage over your classmates.

Sarsy

HSC
Well, that wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be... At least, until I got past Question 4...Then it started getting difficult.

And f(x^2), don't you treat it as the original, but squished towards the y-axis, as you get to the points faster(Since you've now squared the x-value), and then reflect the squished right-hand side of the graph onto the left of the y-axis, since all -x's become a positive integer?

And correct me if I'm wrong on that.

madd-eh?

Super Member.
HSC
Arowana21 said:
Hey, i will be doing the trial this week. Are there any tips you can give me?

Thanx a lot. However i am not sure whether my school uses Neap or CSSA papers
umm i'm not the best person to get advice from.
we did an altered cssa paper coz we havn't finished the course.
but.. i'd just say, skip questions if you dont understand.. there isn't enough time.
and good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)