Maths Extension 2 Trial Exam thoughts- 2008 (1 Viewer)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I think our exams are a mix of past HSC Q's and past independant papers or something.

Not quite sure

Poad

HSC
BradlovesJesus said:
We had our Extension 2 Trial today, but I strangely don't know what exam it was! I don't think it was CSSA though. The only distinguishing feature I can think of is that it mentions bees. I think it's best if I don't say any more.
It was actually sort of ok. Some parts were beyond me, but with some work I could have done reasonably well =]
I think I would have only got around 50-65%. I'm pretty sure I'll be ranked first though, because I'm at a dumb school. If I went to a different school I would be quite disappointed, but it doesn't really have a bearing on my marks in the end because I'll be ranked first, so I'm content. =)
I have some time to work on it before the actual HSC exam, and I will do just that!

Good luck to all those who are yet to do theirs!! (Which I think is the vast majority of people)
Let us know how you think you went/how you found it!
I don't think yours would have been the CSSA one, it isnt (shouldn't be) released until 2 more weeks from today. But anyway, good luck with your results too; I've seen how hard past Trials can be.

eliseliselise

HSC
Js^-1 said:
Mines in two weeks from wednesday. My teachers making all of our exams. Because I'm sitting all three exams I am doing 8 hours of maths exams, 6 in one day.
me too!! :( i am accidentally on purpose avoiding the timetable-lady to reschedule the 2unit test- coz i really dont want to do it!! its so drab, boring & LONG. and besides... i have true faith in my 4unit ability[i think/hope...].

no mechanics for me- coz we havent started that yet :S but everything else from a mystical combination of neap/cssa/'western region' papers which have already landed in the schools mail box & have probably been stored in a safe. humph. GOODLUCK!!!!!!

vds700

HSC
wow that really sucks having to do 2 and 4 unit trials....i dont have that option coz my school has the 3 maths papers at the same time.

vds700

HSC
tacogym27101990 said:
how can they have the 3 maths papers at the same time?
shit wouldnt work
I meant they have 2unit, general and extension 2 at the same time, so i couldn't have done 2u as well.

HSC
o ok yeah forgot about general

yeah i got given the choice to do the 2 unit exam

extra time to study things that will count to my UAI

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
The 2 unit paper is on at the same time as the four unit paper in ours, but i organised to do the two unit paper later that day so that i can still have my marks if i drop four unit just before the hsc.

cheney31

HSC
OMG gg with the CSSA paper...

i can hardly even do question 1 from 2007..

u-borat

Banned
HSC
the catholic trials?

yeah, the 2007 was a bitch.
q8=no hope.

conics2008

HSC
cheney31 said:
OMG gg with the CSSA paper...

i can hardly even do question 1 from 2007..
hey buddy, where did you get that paper from.

could you give me a link so I can see what im facing.

Thanks

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
yes I was so scared I was going to have to do the CSSA Paper because we are at a catholic school but our teacher said he is setting it, I think he will take past HSC and trial questions and make an exam out of that. Our trial is the 27th of August.

jkwii

Ultimate Member
HSC
do y'all have all topics tested in the CSSA?? cos im at nsb and we don't have circular motion and harder perms and comms. so happy for the lack of circular motion cos some of it gets fucking hard...but we still have circular geo which is a bitch.. definitely my worst 4U topic... oh well got 2 wks left till our trial... ;)

u-borat

Banned
HSC
really?
i find the whole mechanics topic to be the easiest for me.
having a bit of problems with the whole complex number unit though.

vds700

HSC
u-borat said:
really?
i find the whole mechanics topic to be the easiest for me.
having a bit of problems with the whole complex number unit though.
yeah me too. I found mechanics to be quite straightforward (although conical pendulum was tricky). I find harder 3 unit the hardest (damn circle geometry).

u-borat

Banned
HSC
we haven't done that yet; but yeah, circle geo isn't so much hard as just annoying. you either see it or you don't.

vds700

HSC
u-borat said:
we haven't done that yet; but yeah, circle geo isn't so much hard as just annoying. you either see it or you don't.
yeah for me though, most times i dont see it and end up getting frustrated. At leat with mech, once you get the equations its just a matter of integrating or simplifying etc.

jkwii

Ultimate Member
HSC
my problem is actually cos my lack of skill in circular motion is that i don't do physics...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
jkwii said:
my problem is actually cos my lack of skill in circular motion is that i don't do physics...
You don't need to be do physics to do well in MX2, do you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)