Maths Extension exam... sucked (1 Viewer)

Bricnic

Lookatmy Member
HSC
.....Omg....
Maths extension... argh. Probably failed, it was so friggin hard... left out like 1/2 of most of the questions, and I still ran out of time. Didn't know how to do most of the questions, especially anything worth more than 1 mark. Geez that whole test was so very very difficult and annoying, couldn't even find an easy question to boost my confidence. Not to mention that even though we've studied those ideas in class, we haven't looked at ANY problems that were at that level. I'm so screwed for Ext. 2 maths next year.... and I can't drop either, cause im doing 10 units. Just hope that all the tests aren't that gay!

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
I failed all of my maths extension 1 exams this year.
I feel your pain.

If I were you though Bricnic, I wouldn't do Ext2 maths under any circumstances unless you still beat the vast majority of the grade, though you failed.

Bricnic

Lookatmy Member
HSC
Oh believe me, I do beat the "vast majority" of the grade in most other tests, only about 3 or so people beat me consistently. I'm just annoyed at the difficulty of this test. I've never failed a test before, so it's quite a hard hit. Hopefully I'll scrape a pass though :D

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Seeing as though we had the same Physics and Chem tests as me, I'll assume you had the same Ext Maths one too. It was pretty hard, and LONG too. I think I was more annoyed at the length than the questions, although Question 6 was pretty insane. Mmmmm... Pythagorean triads....

I_F

P

pLuvia

Bricnic said:
.....Omg....
Maths extension... argh. Probably failed, it was so friggin hard... left out like 1/2 of most of the questions, and I still ran out of time. Didn't know how to do most of the questions, especially anything worth more than 1 mark. Geez that whole test was so very very difficult and annoying, couldn't even find an easy question to boost my confidence. Not to mention that even though we've studied those ideas in class, we haven't looked at ANY problems that were at that level. I'm so screwed for Ext. 2 maths next year.... and I can't drop either, cause im doing 10 units. Just hope that all the tests aren't that gay!
well since you "failed" your preliminary ext 1 maths what's the point in doing mx2?, and having exactly 10 units is the worst..~ since mx2 is really hard

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
i failed all my ext maths exams this year :D:D thats y im going to do 2u instead --- GRRRR MATHS SUX

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
i failed all my ext maths exams this year :D:D thats y im going to do 2u instead --- GRRRR MATHS SUX

xxxx8888

HSC
lol. i failed ALL my extension maths tests this year too (including both class tests and assessments). i could never be bothered studying for it or doing the homework for it. but it helps a lottt for 2u. anyway, but i have a feeling i passed the yearly. i liked it more than the 2u yearly in fact...

klaw

HSC
kadlil said:
well since you "failed" your preliminary ext 1 maths what's the point in doing mx2?, and having exactly 10 units is the worst..~ since mx2 is really hard
I know a person who did bad in prelim 3U and he's one of the top in our school at 4U now...

klaw

HSC
Bookie said:
I love maths. Looking forward to 4 unit :D
I used to despise maths... but when I actually started understanding it and knew how to do it, I didn't mind it... In fact, it can be quite enjoyable doing questions on BOS :p

P

pLuvia

i only like topics in maths that i understand, if i dont i get so frustrated~~ but end understanding in the end ><" :p

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
Well, i had 2 3u maths assessment tasks which are also exams this year. I got 26/54 and 34/60. But i reckon i did badly in the yearly. I also felt that there wasnt much easy questions and it seemed to be difficult.

x_dreama

God before evrything else
HSC
haha if there is ANY exam in my life that i haven't studied or crammed or even revised for that's my prelim maths 3u exam~
I fell asleep for over 1 hour during that 2hour exam w00t! lol
well i'm dropping it anyway so~ :cool:

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
Hey guys, you might have had the same exam as me.

Did Q6 have some stuff involving a triangle with an obtuse angle within a circle?

Dimsimmer, I know how you feel, I got 26/54 and 29/60 in those two. Failing by a single mark sure does hurt!
Whats the bet I get 32/66 for this one!

Last edited:

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
x_dreama said:
haha if there is ANY exam in my life that i haven't studied or crammed or even revised for that's my prelim maths 3u exam~
Lol, I did not even touch a book for that exam... or 2 unit for that matter.. but at least I'll go good in that lol

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
lolz. i reckon skool's teaching method for maths is kinda wrong
coz u learn the new stuffz full on, but receive little revision and homework
but my test turned out alrite. i will post al my tests later when i got it bak

i was late for my test too, caught the wrong train, went all the way to central instead of hornsby,. =P...

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
kadlil said:
what school you go to??
cheltenham. Oo.y? =P
I dont live near there, that is why.

aren't u suppose to be crammin btw? =O=

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)