• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Maths Extension exam... sucked (1 Viewer)

P

pLuvia

HamuTarou said:
t is just a representation, it can be changed. (any letter)

say on the parabola x^2=4ay, the parametric form on the point P is (2ap,ap^2). similarly, another point Q (2aq,aq^2). both P & Q lie on the parabola

then using p and q, we can play around and get equation of tangent, normal etc...
still dont understand :S:S :(

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
kadlil said:
if you do MX2 u dont have to do 2u itll be pointless
Yeh true, but some schools and probably a lot of schools make Extension 2 people do 2 unit assessment tasks just in case they drop down into Extension 1 where the 2 unit assessments actually count. That will probably mean more work, but with insurance.

P

pLuvia

Trebla said:
Yeh true, but some schools and probably a lot of schools make Extension 2 people do 2 unit assessment tasks just in case they drop down into Extension 1 where the 2 unit assessments actually count. That will probably mean more work, but with insurance.
i dont think 2u tests will be any problem to 4uniters, because we can use the 4u formulae to do the question same with 3u

HamuTarou

Ar U TaLkiNG 2 Me?! o.O
HSC
it takes a while kadlil to get use to it. it took me 1wk to get the basic stuff and 1 more to understand the rest. then its just doin exercises

it's like mole if u do chem. i bet half the state was WTF when the teacher explained the mole concept :p (i was)

P

pLuvia

i dun even know what the hell parametric and parameter is.. i check the dictionary and i still dont understand :(

klaw

HSC
you can't just look parametrics up in the dictionary and expect to understand what it's about...

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
bahaha Kadlil, trying the dictionary to understand maths, thats awesome :D

Dont worry though, I have no idea about Parametric representation of the parabola. I liked the standard representation just fine.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
lolz. our skool is like 6weeks behind the yr11 syllabus.. Oo

i juz realised that by doing 4u, we dont have to do 2u...><..

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
u srs??..wow.. I am like so lost. =\
but we r like 6weeks behind..probably didn't accelerated fast enough. xD

roycaruso

HSC
I'm getting 54% in 3 unit in year 11 (haven't gotten yearlys back yet but have a VERY bad feeling). Should I bother continuing with it in year 12?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm getting 54% in 3 unit in year 11 (haven't gotten yearlys back yet but have a VERY bad feeling). Should I bother continuing with it in year 12?
If you're not enjoying the course, I discourage you from continuing it. If you sincerely are making and attempt and are just having problems with the course - I suggest you try to spend a little more time on maths and perhaps getting a tutor may aid you.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
Don't bother continuing unless you know that you can and will suddenly peak in your results. For one, i know that it is possible to improve heaps.. In Year 10, i was coming 30th in the grade and now i am and like in the top 5.

Regarding my abysmal performance in the maths extension exam, I think I definitely lost at least one mark => 99%. and possible a few more due to stupid mistakes such as -6-6 = 6 => 95%. and more and more... => 70%. i'll post my result when I get it back

daryl-d

HSC
.....Omg....
Maths extension... argh. Probably failed, it was so friggin hard... left out like 1/2 of most of the questions, and I still ran out of time. Didn't know how to do most of the questions, especially anything worth more than 1 mark. Geez that whole test was so very very difficult and annoying, couldn't even find an easy question to boost my confidence. Not to mention that even though we've studied those ideas in class, we haven't looked at ANY problems that were at that level. I'm so screwed for Ext. 2 maths next year.... and I can't drop either, cause im doing 10 units. Just hope that all the tests aren't that gay!

It's okay mate, my teacher gave my class an ARC exam.. it made the whole class fail bar myslef and my friend...

I studied hard this year for Mx1 and get 90's average

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)