• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Maths?? (1 Viewer)

zarni2

HSC
Im new to BOS, and i realised the little bar underneath all posts shows what subjects people are doing...

Am i the only one to have dropped maths???

I get flamed for it every day by the friends and family, but i really was not interested in continuing it. Besides, I do geo, eco, and bio - pretty asian subjects (dw im 1/2 asian so im allowed to say that )

look forward 2 your replies

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Dropping maths is a betrayal to your Asian race. Seriously though lots of people drop maths because they are more of a essay writing, englishy-history type of person and they suck at maths.

Last edited:

fayeee

HSC
naah quite a few people in my grade have dropped/are dropping maths next year!

more people than i thought o_O

so it's cooool (Y) haha

except maths is one of the good scaling subjects isn't it?

but meh, no point if you're not interested/don't like it much

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Nope - I don't look down on people not doing Maths.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
zarni2 said:
Im new to BOS, and i realised the little bar underneath all posts shows what subjects people are doing...
It's called forum signature.

eliseliselise

HSC
my dearest companion dropped maths as it basically just didn't interest her. she's brilliant @ art, histories & english.. so it's all about what you're good at i guess!! i dont think people who dont do math any less intelligent than those who do- they just most likely have alternative strengths... for example my history/DTE/othersubject abilities leave much to be desired.. lol. peeps who ask "wh@tz UAI didja get??" are only going to care about the number you reply with. i know a lass who got a UAI of 99.something with subjects like drama, music 1/2 [not sure], pdhpe, art et al........... sooo anything's possible!!

eliseliselise

HSC
oh & approx 10 people out of 88 in my year dropped maths, too :) 'tis quite normal!!!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
Nope - I don't look down on people not doing Maths.
Same here. 2 of the top 5 students at my school are currently failing Mathematics but they are dominating History, English and SOR I subjects.

the.RAVER

HSC
There was only one person in my whole year that dropped maths.

It all depends on where you want to go I guess.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
zarni2 said:
I get flamed for it every day by the friends and family, but i really was not interested in continuing it. Besides, I do geo, eco, and bio - pretty asian subjects (dw im 1/2 asian so im allowed to say that )
Those people are just narrow minded (no offense since they're your family and friends).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)