Matrix Revolutions.... (1 Viewer)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
hahha. I plan to. But it never happens haha

I remember before my friend lent me the LOTR originial DVD to watch it.

Still haven't seen that movie.

I'll put that on my list of things to do now :D

Farnarcle

Hmm, it seems that when on person expresses the dislike for the movie it sets up the rest to also vioce their opinions. Oh well, just an opinion.

Anyway, I will say a few things that I dislike about the
Matrix, just to even things out for me. I dislike their use of money. Someone said to me that the Neo/Smith fight scene cost $57 Million or something. The kind of moeny they put into this movie I definately disaprove of, and it could be put into much better places.

The music fits really well, but does not parallel with that of the first movie.

The movies are visually and audioally stunning, no doubting that.

The plot is focused on Neo, however, and we do not get the full story of other characters. This is much like life. We only know what is going on to us, and only a little about other people, hence the disjointedness of the other characters. This helps us to relate to the story as we are put in the shoes of Neo.

About the lack of Neo/Trinity story, the humans are just about to be pummelled into the ground, I think that deserves a little more attention.

In reference to the long fight scenes this helps to immerse the viewer in the fight. The machines are not the British, and do not stop at 5:00 for tea. They are relentless, that are cold and heartless and this is shown by their unrelenting fighting.

Another theory about the end. It's about humanity accepting that they have created something (the machines) that has pushed them down from the top of the food chain. This chioce of acceptance is shown with the truce between the machines and the humans, whereas before they were being stupid and tring to gain back that top position, by rebelling agaisnt the machines.

Reshie

LilRed Spikey Haired Man
HSC
after borrowing the Matrix 2,well most people say its too onfusing and i guess i can see in that perspective,i just wanted the action scene and a bit of the story line

and watched matrix 3 today,well as my pal says it was tooo predictable....
but u want action go and watch it,if ur lost with the 2nd one dont bother

*10#

i loved revolutions even though i only saw half the 1st and didnt see the 2nd

i think you get what you make of the movie - certainly those who dont understand it clearly dont want to understand it and perhaps just watched it for the action - this is a shame because it has so much more to offer and also shows how audiences have become dumned down by mainstream media. People want meaning and understanding served to them on a platter and if they don't 'get it' they don't generally like a movie.

Movies like these encourage people to find their own meaning and understanding within film which is a work of art not just mad special fx and fighting scenes ( personally i found the fighting scenes boring compared to the subtex of the film ) I find the whole concept so totally exciting and compelling i can't wait to go back and see the first two and read heaps about the series.

But i suppose it comes down to the point about getting out what you put in - if cinema is purely entertainment for you then maybe the matrix is not the best thing to see if you are only there for the special fx then i suppose you can enjoy them. Whereas if film is a way of exploring different interpretations concerning the nature of humanity and defining your own version of reality and finding meaning within a particular fim like what farnacle ( your a champ farnacle )is expressing then i think that there is no way you can hate this movie because the opportunities for thought and discovery are endless.

so what if all the questions are not answered - they arn't in life so why should they be in a film!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)