Matrix vs Harry's (Maths) (1 Viewer)

DSar

HSC
Hey,

For the HSC, which tutoring college would you recommend for Maths between Matrix and Harry's; and why? In addition, what are your opinions after taking into consideration of other factors such as price?

Thank you in advance!

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Harry's no question. Everything is done in a simple and detailed manner. Matrix only provides you with a basic understanding for Mathematics.

DSar

HSC
Do you go Harry's? Do they provide homework help and such?

A lot of people I know go Matrix but it seems overrated to me when I compare them two.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
HEC for sure for Maths. Beats Matrix in cheaper price and quality of teaching.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Do you go Harry's? Do they provide homework help and such?

A lot of people I know go Matrix but it seems overrated to me when I compare them two.
Too much homework. I am in the accelerated class, we just finished parts of 3U integration and are about to start Inverse trig and then motion.

nightweaver066

HSC
Too much homework. I am in the accelerated class, we just finished parts of 3U integration and are about to start Inverse trig and then motion.
It's not too much homework. Harry doesn't check the homework anyway; It's your choice how much homework you want to do if you want to sufficiently practise and gain confidence in the topic.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
It's not too much homework. Harry doesn't check the homework anyway; It's your choice how much homework you want to do if you want to sufficiently practise and gain confidence in the topic.
I chose to do all the questions though. Do you go too? :)

DSar

HSC
I am considering doing Maths Extension 2 and was wondering how do they do it at Harry's?

I just checked their website and the price seemed decent for 3 hour lessons. But is it like school where you have to attend 4u and 3u lessons separately?

wootwoot1234

HSC
I'm also interested in getting tutored at Harry's, does anyone know the hourly rate? Also, what's a good coaching college for English?
Thanks guys

Alkanes

HSC
I think 30/hour, someone can confirm this.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I'm also interested in getting tutored at Harry's, does anyone know the hourly rate? Also, what's a good coaching college for English?
Thanks guys
$550 a term for acceleration I think. $530 for express class. Both 2 hours. $800 for 4 unit (3 hours).

Alkanes

HSC
Unfortunately i don't, but it is expensive. I remember something around 1k+/term with 1.5hr lessons in duration.

DSar

HSC
Thanks for everybody's advice. I'll be having a trial lesson at Harry's tomorrow; and hopefully I might see you guys !

DSar

HSC
Read above. Do you mean Harries?
Oh no, I was just comparing prices between the two. So far I'm convinced Harry's is about the quality of teaching which does not correspond to expensive prices like Matrix. I have already gotten an idea of how much Harry's is :L; it seems decent for what you all have described him as.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Thanks for everybody's advice. I'll be having a trial lesson at Harry's tomorrow; and hopefully I might see you guys !
I go to Hurstville. Just another note, they are quite ahead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)