Matrix vs talent100 (1 Viewer)

Whateveryouwant

HSC
N/A
I got the impression that matrix, talent100 and pre uni are the big colleges up and coming. Do any of you attend these ? What are your thoughts? Any good? What are the class sizes? rates? teachers motivated? Do you recommend other ones? Interested in any years and any subjects? Keen to hear from you.

Streetboy

HSC
N/A
I attend Talent 100, for Umat. the class environment was huge( 15 students)

Whateveryouwant

HSC
N/A
Why did you choose talent100? Even though classes are huge, do you get something out of it? Are you happy with your teachers or material?

Homo Sapien

HSC
Both are way too over priced IMO and there are some terrible students there. Not the ideal learning environment, and the material isn't that great, homework is piss easy. I went there for a trial, not impressed.

RG11

HSC
Both are way too over priced IMO and there are some terrible students there. Not the ideal learning environment, and the material isn't that great, homework is piss easy. I went there for a trial, not impressed.
agree with it being overpriced but imo for chem and physics they are very good (if you have the right teacher)

eileend

HSC
i tried 3U maths for both matrix and talent100,
I went to the 4week trial for talent100 and got so bored after the first week (the contents was really bad) and after that i didnt go for remaining trial period.
and i went to matrix for the holiday classes (1 term stuffed into 2 week) and the content and the teachers were amazing, they actually have pretty good explainations on concepts. and the environment is really good (they gave everyone free smarties/m&ms..... to keep us full)

as for the number of people in classes, talent 100 had so many people probabely 20ish, and i only went to the holiday classes for matrix and there were only about 3-7 students, but im not quite sure about the soze of classes during the term.

so i would say matrix would be the better choice out of the two.

hit patel

HSC
Uni Grad
Sorry but i would recommend private tutoring which is much beneficial for you.

HSC
My father made me try out Matrix for a term for Physics, Maths and English. Physics there wasn't too bad considering I had DJ who really makes you love physics. Although we were moving pretty slowly, the class environment was huge (15 students-ish), the skill level also ranged largely between students. On one side of me there sat a guy who half the time forgot his books and was hardly equipped, whilst on the other side there was a brilliantly organised and smart girl.

Maths was terrible however, the classroom environment was huge with people again at entirely different skill levels and frequently I found myself sitting there waiting for the other half the class to finish. English by far was the worse there though. Not only was the content crap but two girls in the class were always chatting, in which the teacher frequently joined in and wasted time with them every lesson. The worst thing I can recall is when he told us to read a 2 page essay, and then went off tangent to talk with the girls about their birthday party, and then resumed the lesson 15 minutes later. Although by being scarred there it really forced me to do better. Hell, I improved on my ability in English after I stopped doing their allocated homework and worked by myself.

All in all I never want anything to do with private colleges regardless of how good they are. Especially with Matrix considering how expensive they are. Private tutoring definitely seems like the better option. Phew, it feels so good to let all that out.

Last edited:

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Private tutoring definitely seems like the better option. Phew, it feels so good to let all that out.
For some, private is better; for others a good tutoring centre may be better.

tattoo2200

HSC
N/A
I go matrix for HSC physics. Only go if you get DJ or Mr. kuan they are really good at teaching. I heard Derek is really good too. Check your his YouTube channel it has over half a million subscribers, it's called Veritasium. And go the holiday courses it's really good and you don't waste time and procrastinate during the holidays. Class sizes are ok around 15 students which isn't too bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)